1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA forum ban blocks Dragon Age 2 player

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2011.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

So when did Kim Jong Il take over presidency of EA?

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

. If a player violates the rules by using profanity, they will be temporarily banned.

That's wonderful. He hadn't used a single profanity, nor broken the TOS. Punished for paying for software, and for speaking his mind. I love this world where the consumer has no rights.

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

That sounds like a question for the EA forums :p

4. sofalover

sofalover What's a Dremel?

Bioware lubes up and pulls apart it's asscheeks with both hands in the 'goatse' position ready for when EA has finished brushing it's teeth in the ensuite bathroom.

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I didn't buy this game, w00t!

6. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

In a US court it would probably be upheld given the support previously given to EULA terms and conditions in Vernor vs Autodesk.

Ultimately though it is his fault for buying a product that requires online activation in the first place. All such systems, be they from EA, Securom, Ubisoft or Valve, place consumers at the mercy of the publisher and there are examples aplenty of people losing access to purchases due to their accounts being suspended.

I decided to boycott Dragon Age 2 the instant I heard about its online activation requirement and this event should simply confirm the risks involved for anyone else considering it.

7. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Sorry Mr Woo, but the only incentive you are sending out with these actions are towards pirating your game. Without going into the morality of the whole thing, THAT is the signal you are sending.

Tags: Add Tags