1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Eve online invites

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MaximumShow, 13 May 2011.

1. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

If anyone here is looking to get into this game, Eve Online has recently increased the monthly allowable 21-day trial invites per existing account from 3 to 10. Being invited by an existing player gives you one week extra on your free trial time. Also, the person who invited you will get a month of play time free if the invitee upgrades to a paid account. Trial time is added to the time you buy.

If anyone is interested in trying the game out I can send you an invite. If you eventually want to keep playing I'll split the in-game cost of a PLEX (30 day time card purchased with in game currency) with you. Currently a PLEX cost nearly 370 million ISK.

There is no pressure on my part to keep playing if you don't like the game, however I'll only send you ISK if you extend your trial to a paid account.

So full disclosure: If you continue to play on the account you received the invite on I will save half the cost of a months play time and you get 21 day free trial + 30 day paid time +185 million ISK to start you out, which is quite a lot for a new player.

I want to highlight the fact that you do not need to be invited to play the game. You can download the client without an invite and play free for 14 days. Being invited gives you a 21 day free trial.

The game is not for everyone, but I hope to see more people playing.

EDIT: https://secure.eveonline.com/Marketing/Buddy/Default.aspx will show you the "Buddy Program" and how it works if you need more info.

2. Wira

Wira Spoderman

oooh used to play eve, great game. My corp. got ruined and I stopped playing after that but I might start again.

too bad I can't do some trial time on ym acocunt :/

3. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

I keep being tempted by EVE Online, but really concerned at how in-depth it is. That being said, Elite was my first major addiction back way back when, and maybe I should give it a whirl sometime. Hmm...

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Can I've an invite please :D.

How much is it to upgrade from a trial account to a normal account?

5. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

It is $14.95 USD/month, but it is possible to play for "free" by spending in game currency on time cards. It takes a lot of work though and isn't for everybody.

PM me with your email and I'll send you an invite. :thumb:

6. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Got my invite this morning :D shall have a go this evening :D

7. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

Have fun! It can be a bit intimidating at first because of the flood of options you have available to you.

http://www.eve-wiki.net can help you starting you out.

Number one rule is to always have a skill training, and to have a clone with an adequate amount of skillpoints available in case you get killed.

Also, the game is completely open to all styles of gameplay, including pirates and scammers. You will find a lot of people trying to trick you with both simple and complex scams (Jita local chat is almost nothing but scams) so beware. It adds to the fun of the experience as space shouldn't be a safe, cuddly place.

8. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Thanks for that link, trying to decide which race to play atm, thinking amarr or caldari

9. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

The race you pick doesn't have too much impact on your options later on, as you can train any skills you want. It really only dictates what you look like, your few starting skills, and where in the galaxy you start out.

10. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

It used to mater, now its just down to how you want to look, even where you start you can go elsewhere etc.

Rules for eve

1) Have a adequate clone and make sure its up to date.

2) Always try to have a skill training, skill queue helps with this.

3) EVE is best enjoyed in groups, fly with a corp and friends.

4) You will die and loose you're ship- just get another ship and update you're clone and get back out there.

11. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

@ MaximumShow I've sent a request via PM. Thankyou in advance.