1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 3 - Enclave Commander mod (how to remove?)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by itsonlydanny, 25 Apr 2010.

1. itsonlydanny

itsonlydanny What's a Dremel?

Hi,

If anybody is using the Enclave Commander mod, I don't suppose they've got any ideas as to how I can completely remove/uninstall it? I ask because I've - or so I thought - deleted/removed/uninstalled/deselected it using the Fallout Mod Manager - however, it's still their in the actual game (eg, when I open-up Pip-Boy and there it is).

I want to remove it as it is interfering with my Key Bindings & keyboard commands - for example, the key 'G' which I want to use as my default command for grenades. Instead, at the moment, anything I point to while pressing 'G' just lights up - or gets highlighted - in a purple-redish colour (ie, a la Enclave Commander). And so on. Yes, I've tried re-configuring the controls/settings in Pip-Boy but no luck - I still end up with 'G' as an Enclave Commander function, etc. And it's really beginning to bug me!

If my memory serves me right, I installed it by 'mistake' - as it came bundled with FOOK 2, and at the time I didn't know what it was, so I just OKed it. I'm sure it's great, and no doubt I will eventually give it a go - on my second or third play through of the game, but not on my first attempt when I'm still 'feeling my way through' (I'm still at an early stage of the game).

Any help would be much appreciated,

DANNY

2. freakydoo

freakydoo What's a Dremel?

if you haven't already the best place to ask is in the official fallout 3 forum. i'd say that if or still having problems with key binding after removing the .esp file then the mod may have made a change to the fallout.ini file. also often time the readme for a mod will tell you how to uninstall the mod

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

if you saved over your old savegame with the mod installed, there will be buggy references to it, and it will call out to the mod if its still in the directory you originally pointed the mod manager to.

Welcome to the world of modding computer games, where nothing does exactly what it says on the tin :D