1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fallout 3 modder tools, DLC dated

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. xrain

xrain Minimodder

I wonder if they actually traveled to anchorage... or at least looked at pictures...

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Lol. Oblivion 2150. No thanks.

Such a shame that the IP had to be picked up by such a bunch of clueless monkeys.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Have you actually played it by any chance?

5. salesman

salesman Minimodder

What about the PS3 version are they leaving those people out?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Looks like.

7. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

you must have mistaken this site for the whiners at NMA. get lost.

8. RDST

RDST He who wonders...

I'm down. Mod tools for Oblivion pretty much revolutionized the game. I'm sure this will do the same.

9. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I must say I have really been enjoying Fall Out 3 despite all these negative comments you see floating around the forums. If you take it for what it is and stop comparing it to previous games or Oblivion its a very entertaining game. I never get tired of VATS mode especially with my bloody gore perk and the sometimes crazy physics engine, hours of amusement right there!

Looking forward to what the modding community can do as well as the DLC that Beth provides.

On a side note I was hoping they would release a modding tool for Mass Efffect but no such luck I guess?

10. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Seriously? Bethesda is a good developer and they managed to do a really good job updating a classic IP but still retaining it's core identity. I doubt anyone else could have done it better.

11. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Hey,hey now. Everyones entitled to thier opinions, even if they are a bit.....wrong :p

Woo-Hoo! Finally, a construction set! I can't wait. The modding community was outstanding for oblivion and I'm sure they'll make some amazing things for Fallout 3 as well. I take it these are like small add-ons, not like an entire expansion? By all means, these are great. I haven't even finished half of what I've got!

12. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

Though FO3 is a good game IMO, but it doesn't have the one thing that I valued the most in the originals. Just try and be an "evil" character without combat in FO3 to know what I'm talking about. Now I haven't played the game all the way through (I have probably 30% left), but in the original you can be an good or evil character without even fighting! The power of words seems to have little effect in FO3. Still, it's a good game, you just have to play it without expecting every damn thing to be like the original FO.

That site has good info but is just full of nag nag nag. All they do is say how the game sucks like this or how it shouldn't be like that. If it were up to them, Mario shouldn't have even have made it past 8bit...

13. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

You must be psyhic, I was just thinking about DLC earlier today and wondering if/when it was going to occur. Now I'm going to make my tinfoil hat before playing some more FO3.

14. Bigturk

Bigturk What's a Dremel?

i have it on ps3 :( , this the kinda situation that forces me to pirate to PC

15. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

Nothing's forcing you to pirate it, that's a choice. If you want it on PC, you can still purchase it.

16. Bigturk

Bigturk What's a Dremel?

iv brought it on ps3, so now i gota buy it again just because of some silly business of millioniar companies agreeing exclusive content for 1 or 2 systems while leave 1 player base with nothing,

so yes your right that im not being forced but i dnt expect to play twice for a game.

17. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

I can't blame you... I felt the same with with left 4 dead. It'd be great if they allowed you to register the game across all systems without requiring physical media.

Still won't pirate it, though... makes me feel like I'm ripping off the companies that create the great games like Bethesda, Valve, Stardock, etc. which could lead to them developing less for PC. Just a drop in the ocean, I know.

Back on topic... damnit I should've bought Fallout 3 for PC :)

Tags: Add Tags