1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fox sends YouTube a subpoena

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 26 Jan 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I dont blame Fox for being mad, i would be too. And this other guy who uploads them must have alot of spare time on his hands to put them onto youtube.

Sam

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Heh, that's a funny point about the consumer paying the legal bills. Even better, by not buying stuff, the pirates actually deprive the corps of extra money with which to wage their legal battles against the pirates. Two birds, one stone.

4. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Fox shouldn't have made that DVD in the first place if they wanted everyone to watch it when the show actually aired. Considering that the DVD was a pre-release I would think they would more easily be able to track the source of the leak from their end rather than at the point that it has reached consumers.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Getting early release material without the internet isn't exactly hard, provided you're vaguely in the entertainment business. Where I worked, we'd get the Tuesday new release movies the Friday beforehand, and obviously the company that we order them from has them long before that.

Of course, it's a bit different for TV shows in general, but they're obviously going after the wrong people when there are academy screeners online (that's to say, inside job of sorts).

6. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Whats this about the premier being six days away? I saw the premier two weeks ago. In Canada 24 is already 5 hours in. Can someone explain that to me?

7. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

The article's first paragraph is hypothetical. That's why it begins with the word "When".

8. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Oh Fox, I wonder how much they'll piddle when they realize just how bleeding easy it is to get any one of their shows off the web.

9. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Ah I see now. That escaped my notice while reading the first time.

10. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Hehehehe.....

Why not just find the people who had the pre-release DVD and investigate them. I surpose going after the uploader will send a 'warning' to other uploaders? I wonder......

Regards
    GiGo

11. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

yep, especially its very hard to be tracking down those who got it and who uploaded it. And youtube has just become phenomenal

Tags: Add Tags