1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Freeserve - I HATE YOU!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BannedMojo, 28 Jan 2002.

1. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

AHH MY FRUSTRATION!

I hate freeserve! Previously their service was acceptable - that was before they 'doubled their network capacity' - how did they do that? Make more room by removing half the servers so that our connections go idle from ppl trying to log on every 5 minutes?

And as for their "customer suport" I can only say pure crap. After waiting 25 mins to get talking to someone - I finally get to one and tell them all about how crap their service is - the disconnects, the idling... etc etc... I was told that the anytime is on a more reliable server (hmm)... We been meaning to upgrade anyway.. Okay did it over the phone "You just need to phone up later and cancel your hometime account and it will be done". So i phoned back (why she couldn't put me through I dont know) - 15 mins later i am asking to cancel it - asked for details... blah blah... BT account number... Ahh. Phone down.. No phone bills in site. "Im sorry but you need your Account number to continue." *cow* Phoned BT - reluctantly gave out the Account Number after some persuasion. Phoned freeserve, 30 mins later get through. "Can I have your BT account number please?", read it out.. "Can I have your BT Billing number please?"... Hold on wtf - that stupid cow didn't mention a Billing number! "Why is it that the last person did nto mention the Billing number, knowing i had not my account number?", "<Insert customer service lame-o excuse here>", "FINE. FORGET IT. You can CANCEL my account, im fed up of thsi crap - crap service, crap everything ..." , "Im sorry, but we can only do that with your BT billing number" "ARGGGHHHHH YOUU COOOOWWWWWW..."

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

lol, I'd say change ISPs :p

3. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

*sigh* yes but I have to wait till we get the next phone bill, BT won't give us our Billing Number - Oh I sent them a few e-mails too... Hopefully i'll get a nice reply - possibly mentioning some credit where due.

4. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

LOL thats no where near the NTL cable customer services.

i am connected to the "stapleford" local router in nottingham, and for about a week i couldnt connect, so i thought right lets give em a ring.

3 HOURS on the phone holding, thats T-H-R-E-E H-O-U-R-S and this is the dialog

Nthell : Hello How can i help
    ME : Hi im justing phoning to say, that my cable modem has been unable to connect for about a week now.
    Nthell : OK, can i have your postcode.
    ME : blah blah.
    Nthell : Oh (mumbles), I just need to put you on hold.
    ** 30 Mins later **
    Nthell : Hello (no sorry for the hold :mad:) yes i found the problem, the router is faulty and is awaiting replacement.
    ME : Can you put me on a different router for the time being
    Nthell : Sorry no we cant.
    ME : How long till you get it back up
    Nthell : Dont know, 3 maybe 5 Days.
    ME : Oh
    Nthell : Is there anything else i can help with
    ME : Err no
    Nthell : Ok bye (beeeeeeeep)

that phone call cost me upwards of £5, but then again, NTL has given me all the cable channels for free for the last 3 months without noticing :D

5. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

lol - three hours? That is crazy. Once i made a phonecall to Telecom customer support (in New Zealand), conversing entirely thru text-2-speech (set to robot :D), lol. They actually helped me?!?! And said nothing about computer voice! I recorded it but was a few years ago and I lost it...

Tags: