1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Baldur's Gate 1

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Mcmonopoly

Mcmonopoly What now?!

I Own that game, Got the "Gold" edition, which meant it actualy came with 24k gold CDs and FO1 and a bunch of extras... Oh the good old times.!

I haven't tried to run it since I went on XP a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I would still enjoy it as much as I did the other times around.

The speed at which you can die is unbelievable, as you mentioned, but still, the game was top notch in my book.

Thank for bringing it up;)

PS: Are there any tools to make BG1 run In Vista correctly?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

If you've got the second game then there's a mod to make it run in the BG2 engine, which gives you extra resolution, transparency and so on. Should run in vista fine.

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I rediscovered this game when i got my tablet. It's surprisingly awesome to use and it runs fine on Vista using the aforementioned engine :)

5. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Did anyone get anywhere in BG1 playing as a wizard? I kept getting mauled by the two wolves in the first bit of wilderness and had to start over as a tank.

Also, does anyone remember the wizard you meet outside that pub that hammers you with magic missiles? Gave me an aversion to anyone calling me 'friend' even to this day! :D

6. CardJoe

Playing BG1 as a wizard is about as hardcore as it gets, methinks.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Anyone who wants to replay BG1 or BG2 (or Planescape Torment!) might want to check out Gibberlings - http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/ - for their little program that can get the games running in widescreen resolutions. Works fine on Vista 64 for me, although so far I've only tried BG2 with Throne of Bhaal installed. Couldn't find my PS:T discs (have now...) and I needed to buy a new copy of BG1 as I let a friend borrow my copy and he's dropped off the face of the earth. :wallbash:

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's just that absorbing. Once you start playing.... :hehe:

9. CardJoe

I've never played Throne of Bhaal - is it worth going through the first two games again to get to?

As for Planescape Torment, I can never lose my copies. I have them on the kitchen wall in glass frames, signed by Ray Muzyka of BioWare. One of my most prized possessions :)

10. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Throne of Bhaal really provides as much closure for the story of the Bhaalspawn as is feasible without another n-hundred-hour RPG (not that I'd be complaining if they did a BG3!) so, yes, I think it's pretty important to play it. :D

And as for 'losing' PS:T... it wasn't so much 'lost' as "put away in a safe place"... that's fatal for me, I put something somewhere "safe" and then need to spend days and days and days hunting for it the next time I want it! :blush:

Tags: Add Tags