1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games you gave up on...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 20 Jan 2017.

1. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Dead Space - I don't deal well with jump scares. First few minutes had me alt-f4-nope out of there!

TES: Oblivion / Fallout New Vegas / Fallout 4 - I got bored with the gameplay/story in general. Loved Skyrim funnily enough.

Star Wars: Dark Forces / Dark Forces 2 / Mysteries of the Sith - I picked these up on sale a decade after originally getting Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy. Couldn't deal with how clunky they felt by comparison.

Dishonored - Liked the game, but found trying to keep up a non-lethal playthrough tedious. Felt that Deus Ex: HR was more entertaining on that front.

There's a lot more unfinished games, but I'm not willing to say I've given up on them yet!

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Skyrim, played around 40hrs of it enjoyed it but just went, that's me :D

Thinking of buying it in VR as I know there's loads to it.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

*jams tongue in cheek*

Oh shut up FC2 was the best game ever. I mean, spending an hour trying to hunt down a caravan before fruitlessly chasing it in circles shooting at it.

And as if hunting for the diamonds wasn't just the best thing in a game ever.

*removes tongue from cheek*

Yeah, it was an awful game. Shame, because it was absolutely gorgeous and had one of the best weapons I've ever had the pleasure of handling in a game. I refer of course to the poison dart sniper rifle, where you could prop yourself just out of sight/range of an entire village and then because it was silent literally take out every one alive without even setting a foot close. I think if it were not for the couple of very rare glimmers of hope I wouldn't hate it as much as I do. You know? if it were all complete dog toffee I would have an easier time accepting it.

4. K4torz

K4torz What's a Dremel?

Payday 2 - Having no friends to play with sucks...

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Mad Max. Wanted to like it. But Enjoyed Mafia 3 more. I think it was the music (or lack of it).

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There was an overhaul mod that fixed a lot of the crap and made it finally worth playing.

I agree but I like Dishonored. Gave up trying to do it non-lethal and just always end up going in full assault.

7. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

DayZ Standalone. With noting to do all the KOS and hours of running its just boring as hell. I don't think Beta will save it really feels like a dead horse still being whipped now

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Thought I had commented here, but obviously not!

Far Cry 2: See comments above.

Far Cry 4: Thing is, Far Cry 4 is a good game - it's just that I've played Far Cry 3 and it's more of the same thing, albeit with slightly nicer graphics and more stuff. Wish I'd played 4 first TBH.

Fallout 4: See Far Cry 4.

9. rma

rma Minimodder

Have given up on Warhammer Vermintide - no fun if you're not the mage (IMHO).

Close to giving up on Squad - have yet to have a fun game experience with this one!

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Quite a few... just the metaphorical tip:

Project Sylpheed - It just got too damn difficult for my casual-gamer-self, and there's a mission I couldn't get past.

Bayonetta - Progress slowed RIGHT down late in the game. When a game turns into a grind, I normally take a break. in this case, I never went back.

Bioshock - I started this twice, and never got beyond an hour in before something better came up.

Alien Isolation - I was SO looking forward to this, then never unwrapped it and gave it to my baby brother when I sold the X360.

GTA 3/4/5 - I tried them all, and disliked them all. No biggie here, really.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Twice I tried to get through Alien Isolation but I found it really offered nothing but boredom.

12. thomolithic

thomolithic What's a Dremel?

FTL - I'd heard such good things about this regarding it's longevity, but I just could not get into it in the slightest.

The Witcher 1/2/3 - I bought them one at a time when they were on sale, and I just kept hoping they'd get better. Witcher 3 is certainly the best of the bunch, but I still can't get into the lore aspect at all.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Destiny 2 - I've gave it a fair few hours being about 5 and it just bores the absolute crap out of me.

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Witcher 3 - I loved Witcher 1 and 2 and have fond memories do both, but just didn't get into Witcher 3 and trying it on a stop/start basis several times just killed it for me.

Portal - Yes I know, puzzle games aren't for me, sorry!

15. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Up to a few weeks ago I agreed with this I played the first couple of levels and thought "is that it?". But while looking for some games I could play with my daughter I remembered this was in my Steam library, so I reinstalled it and we've had a good time going through it.

Games I've definitely not got into:
    Starcraft - I still love RTS games, but much prefer C&C and TA lines.
    Dead Space - couldn't work the controls very well to get away on the first level...
    Bioshock - nice to look at but just didn't catch with me.

16. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

You mean offered nothing but tension?

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Nope not in the slightest, much boredom was experienced.

18. Dreamcometru

Dreamcometru Minimodder

i gave up on endless space 1 - couldnt figure out what the hell to research and when.

also stopped playing the evil within and dark souls. dark souls was just infuriatingly difficult and evil within i just kinda stopped playing.

want to know something spooky? my name is isaac and when i played dead space years ago (protagonist name is isaac) at the time my girlfriends name was nicola.

it was like the game was talking to me

19. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Deus Ex Mankind Divided, gave up on trying to kill one of the bosses, I enjoyed the game up until then. Deja Vu moments

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

The Witcher 3. Loved it, no idea why I stopped, But I cannot play through again to where I was.
    Doom. Just never felt the love for it
    GTA V. Again, great story line, just never finished it after numerous retry's
    Football Manager.......... All of them.......... You try managing Newcastle United..........................Enough said