1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gelid GX-7 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 27 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to say thanks for this review as I asked for it the other day.
    Now I'm going back to the beginning to read it properly.

3. SchizoFrog

OK. Here's my question. I was interested in this cooler as it caters for those of us who like to light up the insides of our cases and coolers with this feature or gimmick as you will have been few and far between. If I wanted to buy a different block cooler that used clip on fans, which would be the best 'light up' case fans to use with a CPU cooler?

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

5. SchizoFrog

Seriously? Nothing new in 2 and a half years? And the advice from back then was basically not to use them unless you want very loud fans. That review was case fans being used as such. I am asking which if any case fans would be suitable with a CPU cooler. I also don't think the Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 would shift enough air to work well with a CPU cooler.

So I am still none the wiser.

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Wll I'm using the CM Xtraflo. Despite being said its a loud fan; I don't think so, sure on high RPM most fans are loud, but it does not make any noise on low RPM and looks pretty and pushes lots of air!

7. Alike

Alike What's a Dremel?

Why is there a difference in the design score for LGA1155 and Socket AM3+?

8. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

[​IMG]

I really like this pic...

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Stay away from any "fancy" looks fans, they all suck.
    Just stick to proper fans from reputable manufacturers like Pabst, Delta and so on.
    If you want light inside your Pc just use normal Leds separately from the Fans.

10. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

No Thermatake Frio in the results? :(

11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I don't understand why a "heatpipe count" would be particularly relevant to AMD processors only - that makes no sense at all.

Surely the heatpipes are irrelevant - if the heat is getting to them then they will work or they will not work, the processor that the heat comes from would have no effect on that fact, surely? Or are you alluding to where the heat comes from on an AMD proccy or something? If so - then very poor show on Gelid's part as that should have very little effect on the dispersion of the heat if the block of copper on the bottom of the cooler was at all uniform.

Or just to extrapolate a bit further, are you suggesting heatpipes simply work better on AMD proccy's because AMDs are hotter and thus the superconductor inside the heatpipes operate a bit better? Because if so - that should be quite explicitly stated - as it doesn't make it poor design on Gelid's POV, more good design by Intel.

12. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Phobya nano g and nano 2g's have decent static pressure and are red LED. I'd still prefer to light the case separately to the fans or drill holes in the frame and mount your own choice of LED's.

Tags: Add Tags