1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte to take on Razer?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

competition is good! im looking to buy a gaming mouse for ages now, hope this one will bring Razor's price down.

not sure about the software side though. this is why i plan to pick up a cheap Logitech or Razor (or MS Habu, made by Razor) on Ebay, they have proven software that works! eg, my Logitech SetPoint works like a treat, and because of this, i plan to continue Logitech route for keyboards in the future

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I dont know I think the only thing decent to come out of Gigabyte has been motherboards, everything else that I have seen has been less then appealing.

4. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

i'm pretty sure it's spelled "Razer."

unless a shaving company has been making gaming keyboards while i wasn't looking.

5. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

SteelSeries keyboards & mice win it for me.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

heh, we're having a ball of a day today with everything kicking off - I'll get that changed. :D

7. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

edit: never mind

I use Logitech as my mouse of choice.

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

9. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

The more competition, the better. This only means good news for us.

10. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

ace just what everyone needs

11. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Treedude is right, more competition, the better. I'd probably still buy Razer as I've been using my Diamondback for four years now.

12. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

I like the pic of the "Razrr" keyboard there. It's like a Razer, but with a bit more "grrrr". ;)

Seriously speaking, I think gaming peripherals are really good looking, great performers, but a bit (well, more than a "bit" actually) overpriced. I still prefer function over form.
    If any keyboard offered the same technical specs as the Lycosa, or G15, or anyone like those, but without the bling and overpricing, I'd buy them instantly.

13. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

gaming keyboards are abit of a fad for me due to RSI problems rearing there head if I don't use ergonomic ones :p

14. Kufwit

Kufwit What's a Dremel?

Razer stuff is crap, I can say this as I use a deathadder and a tarantula. (I won the keyboard and mouse)

The keyboard is £90 in the shops and can't even give usb 2.0 out the hub. When a £11 mac keyboard will do it. It has antighosting on all the keys apart from the ones you want. In BF2 I have the side keys set to select weapons but I cannot run forward and change weapons, whats the point in antighosting then ? I have also had to RMA it, currently using the £7 one I have had for years (trouble free I might add)

Don't get me wrong, they are good kit just not worth anywhere near what Razer are askin for them.

A bit of competition should be good to see that us gamers get a better deal.

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

big fan of copperhead here...i wont pay an arm and a leg for one, but i can say they have one heck of a mouse :)

16. dutchcowes

dutchcowes less is more

same here, have been using the copperhead for the last 3 years, got a saitek eclipse II board, no profiles etc, but you can change the color or the led's. It's very sturdy, more then the logitech g15 I have had with the disappearing letters on the keys:D (sold the replacement).
    Would not pay £50+ anymore for a keyboard though

Tags: Add Tags