1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google possibly preparing to open Google Glass stores

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 8 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

A product looking for a market?

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I suspect the majority of people who would buy these would probably not venture onto the high street...

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Why do you say that?

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The kind of person who'd be actively interested in that product would no doubt find it cheaper online ;)

6. themassau

themassau What's a Dremel?

maybe they need to find a way that you can use an add-on for existing glasses. because many people have optical glasses and can't see without them and I prefer to choose between how the glasses look.

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

As if people aren't distracted enough already by mobile devices. I'm waiting for the first news report of a person walking out into a busy street without looking first because their attention was divided between RL and Google Glass. How ADD has society become that people constantly need electronic visual stimulation? Additionally, I just can't fathom that this device or similar iterations of such can gain enough of a market share to justify the cost of having it's own brick and mortar storefronts. Google will still likely do it, just because they can afford to, but profitable? I seriously doubt it.

8. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I have to correct something from the article: "For those not aware, Google Glass is a headband Bluetooth gadget for your phone that incorporates a tiny display that sits in front of one eye"

No. It is an autonomous device, running its own operating system. It can operate by itself over wifi, it is not simply a smartphone peripheral. It can of course connect to a smartphone to extend its capabilities and share cell data access when wifi is unavailable.

Honestly, you guys should know better than this.

Tags: Add Tags