1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Graphic cards if i play on a tv

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by numanoid, 10 Jun 2021.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys
    Does it matter what graphic cards you get if you play games on a tv not a monitor.....i want to build a decent gaming pc so if i dont need a high end graphic card becouse i play on a tv then i can save money lol,thank you

2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I'm playing my games on a 40 inch TV with a GTX1050ti. I think all that matters is resolution really. You'll have a slower response time compared to a monitor, which I don't notice anyway.
    Edit: I'm playing at 1920x1080.

numanoid likes this.
  3. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thank you my friend...i was thinking of an i9 11900k and rx 6800xt...but if im not going to see any benefits i could save myself money,i only want it for gaming,thanks

4. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I use a LG C9 OLED ... and its phenomenal! So all depends on the TV i suppose. But it outclasses any monitor ive ever used.

numanoid likes this.
  5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

TV vs monitor shouldn't make any difference to what hw you need to play games on it assuming you match resolutions.

I swear you're buying and selling equipment a lot, surely you should know that? :D

numanoid likes this.