1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster HaHa Fried My Pc

Discussion in 'Modding' started by TwiztedE, 6 Jan 2003.

1. TwiztedE

TwiztedE What's a Dremel?

Today i was Installing a 12 Inch Blue Cold Cathode From CompUsa. Got it install nicelly infront inside the Bezel Glowing really nice. a few mins later Spark Spark Vrooooooom and the pc shuts down i said son of a bitch. so i figured well i blew my PC. I call CompUsa bitch them out told them what happend they said ok SIR bring your PC in the way it is so i bring my PC in to them. I get there the pc boots up but the NEON is Blown and my HD - Sound Card and my Video card are Blown. well they said were sorry for blah blah blah and we can replace the NEON only i said you dumb son of a b**** ill see you in court BOOOM all of a sudden i got a 30 gig HD - geforce 4 ti 4600 and the new Sound blaster Xgamer infront of me :) *******s i still called my lawyer :) made me waste my gas.

Not much of a mod or so on for you guys no pics either cam broke. but nice little something for you to read

2. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

pics?

Nice finagle... did you get the: "Shhhe please stop yelling." I did once, it drove me nuts, I yelled luder, who says you cant get your way...

3. TwiztedE

TwiztedE What's a Dremel?

Nope

i cant afford a new Digital Camera right now. i did some more modding but man id love ot show my work if i had a cam blah. hoping someday to get one 2 kids hurt the Wallet :) yeah they told me to calm down a few dozen times but man when it comes to my pc thats like playing with my LIFE. well my daughter is sick gonna be off pc for a few days till shes better. hope to have Pics of my mods and stuff soon

4. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

After seeing two posts about problems at CompUSA, I think I can safely say this: Don't buy stuff at CompUSA!

5. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

my $.02 aboot compusa - my friend bought a usb pci card from there and it wasnt even in the box. geesh.

6. wedgius

wedgius What's a Dremel?

I haven't had any problem with them yet, besides their prices, and I've bought countless software, a Visor, and a WD800JB from them. I suppose I'm just lucky.

Better move to online shopping before it's too late. :)

7. Smeggy

Smeggy What's a Dremel?

He he he he....
    no, you dont stop shopping at comp usa, you carry on and buy more stuff so that u can b**** and get free stuff :D :D

damn shame im in the UK :/

8. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

Ja, Id have to agree with the crap for CompUSA. I finally talked to the regional manager and went on bout how they had the mobo on their shelves blah blah blah and all of a sudden they're willing to work with me once I send a letter.

Would it be just of me to say that my problem was a business tort and will take them to court unless they rectify the problem?:eyebrow:

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

i wish i had a digi cam, but it was either buy g-force 4 ti-4600 or digicam.. needless to say my new graphix card is workin out well... right now i result to using a disposable camera and a scanner

10. xeonoxx

xeonoxx What's a Dremel?

My friend bought a V.92 modem at Compuseless and after we installed it, we found out it was in fact a V.90 which was put into a V.92 box. The label whch said V.90 had been torn off leaving a sticky residue all over the board. We returned it and got another one to find out that it too was a V.90 modem. As it turns out, ALL the "V.92" modems at Compuseless are V.90's stuffed into V.92 boxes.:hehe:

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

12. [UHL]Tank

[UHL]Tank What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with you guys about CompUSA. :( I've had to many bad experiences. So I was glad when they built a Fry's Electronics about 2 miles from my house. They carry everything you'd ever want, PC parts, electronic components, even LCDS!! And, their prices are cheaper than pricewatch.com and they will take anything back no questions asked.