1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo 3: Legendary Edition falsely advertised?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

What is Halo 3..... Half Life Orange Box is out soon, and for 10 pound cheaper!

3. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I just bought the game... no legendary edition. I don't need a fake helmet and I'd end up only watching the extra footage once anyway. If I really want to see it I'll borrow a friends copy or see if I can find it online.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol :D

QFT

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm happy with my limited edition, £40.50 and it it nice. Very nice. And I get a years XBL hopefully!

6. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Owned Doug owned, got mine for £38 and there wasn;t a single scratch on either disk, took me 6 hours to complete.

7. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Which is precisely why it's not worth the extra money =P

8. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

What you mean not worth the extra money, you get an extra cd of, well not seen it yet, plus the fact you get a lovely big case with an awesome picture, personally worth it, and if I could have got teh helmet I would ahve bought it hands down, plus a normal edition and never, ever opened the helmet,

Dissing halo is a :nono::nono: to me lol

9. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

6 hours to complete a game. Wow they really are going down hill :(

Though i can do fable in 1 hour 45 min... the most over hyped game in the world :( i thought it would be so good.

10. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

It was awesome beyond believe I just rule and that was on normal, like I said when you have a 6:1 win to loss you don't exactly suck, so on legendary by myself, say 15 hours at least for me, it will be ahrd and long, plus I ran throguh big battles for teh fact it was to mad. Then gears took me even less time on insane, so it is longer when you play properly ask anyone else, everyone else I know hasn;t completed it yet or took at least 10 hours.

Plus Joe or any other form of admin, Halo 3 grossed £$170 million on it's first day, 1.7 million copies where pre-ordered in america alone, it is now the most succesful and fastest grossing entertainment thing in entertenmaint history, if it was **** that would'nt happen IMHO. So would you guy's be getting info on official things, like sales and all, that came from MajorNelson. Just nothing about the rest of the world on them.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Sales isn't a good indication of how good a game is. Many awesome games only sell relatively few copies (Hostile Waters: Anteus Rising, Alpha Centuri, even System Shock 2 was overshadowed by Half-life) while poor games can sell a lot if they are marketed well. The Halo franchise is a prime example of that. Halo 2 got rave reviews and sold millions over copies when it was released, but over the next few months there was a sort of backlash as many people realised it was by no means one of the best shooters ever and all its flaws were exposed. Halo 3 has had even more hype than its predecessor; remember that all those people who preorder it haven't played it before or read the extensive reviews. MOst of them would bu it reagardless of how good it actually was.

12. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Again the beta was there and how many of them played it, alot, crakcdown sold a serious amount of copies because of teh ebta, the game alone destroys Shadowrun, different sort of game but the point stands, ti was made for multiplayer, Halo 's multipalyer is easily the best, I enjoy it teh most, then the fact that the campaign is good to me and I loved the Halo 3 campaign because I found it fun, fun happens when you play with people you like, Halo3 has that in 4 player co-op and the multiplayer, system link, splitscreen, like I said though I'm a fan boy and if it was all hype why would so many buy on the first day, I got gears 5 months after it came out even with it's hype.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah, we got the press release 2 or 3 days ago about sales, but tbh that doesn't mean a lot. The Spice Girls hit platinum a number of times, but it doesn't mean they were good.

As for difficulty, as was spelled out to me today, normal is easier than easy for most games. Bindi and I hadn't played Halo since Halo 2 first came out and weren't very good at it, but we still breezed through the first three levels in under half an hour yesterday on normal skill. Heroic is supposed to be just about equal to most players.

The fact that most people here have either finished it or not played it speaks volumes. Riyad reviewed it yesterday and managed to do the whole campaign in one night, with time left for MP and Forge.

Don't get me wrong - it's an OK game, but it's not anywhere near as good as the hype made us believe and the graphics aren't exactly the best ever. It isn't HD (640p and upscaling) and the draw distance and lack of AA is appalling for a game which took this long. It's not like they had to rebalance it either - the game is basically untouched in many good respects since Halo 2. Gameplay wise it's ok too, but nothing substantial has been changed.

Bungie have made much better games, like Marathon or Pathways Into Darkness.

I'd give it an 8 or (maybe) a 9. Which means I'd hedge my bets in reality and give it an 8.

14. OmegaRed59

OmegaRed59 What's a Dremel?

"And this was always advertised as a DVD disc, which obviously can't play HD content anyway."

Sure it can. Throw a high res clip on it and voila: HD video that you can play on your computer from a DVD.

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Although I would agree that if a game seels well then it's probably a good indicator that it is good, I just remembered Madden NFL 08 topped the charts a few months ago, not only did it top the charts, but it had like 4 other top 10 spots from the the formats.

But, I loved every minute of Halo 3 myself, I played through it on Heroic and it did take me a while to complete.

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I completed it on Heroic and just played a couple of levels on Normal. I got to say that normal seems like the easy setting. I could just run through bashing everyone and not even needed to fire a gun its that easy. Cant imagine how stupidly easy the easy setting is, I dont want to even bother.

I love the game even though I never played Halo and Halo 2 online, i enjoy playing Halo 3 online. Thing is the game i s fun and easy to pick up so anyone can play and have fun. Yes the graphics are a little disapointing and are not on par with Gears or Bioshock, but are still decent enough for HD.

But it has the game play and fun factor which every Wii fanboy states is the main thing for the game and not graphics.

I got the limited edition because it was only £40 and not much difference in cost for the basic when I looked around. I did not think its worth the £70 for the Helmet edition and those that bout it are crazy :) Disc was rattleing around inside when I got it but it was not scratched, and all is fine.

17. best49erfan

best49erfan What's a Dremel?

I have only played the demo for bioshock, but I would say that Halo 3 looks better than Gears of War and Bioshock. The story arc is really good. The length of play is different than the other Halo games because you dont have to fight every enemy to advance. It is more about the combat than who and how many you fight. Forge is really cool and the multiplayer is great. The physics are also really good. I watched a clip where a guy sniped another player and the bullet bounced of the ground and hit another guy! Im sure this is better than any PS3 game.

Tags: Add Tags