1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Has my asus m2n32 sli deluxe died?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by REDDEVIL-UK1, 18 Jun 2010.

1. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

I have a asus m2n32 sli deluxe motherboard and when i put in my pc stuff etc. it won't boot up all i get is the green "standby light" i've put in a amd sempron 3600+ 1gb of ddr2 667, a nvidia gts 250 1gb eco edition, a WD 40gb sata hdd & WD 80gb ide hdd and powered with a tagan 500w psu AND i've tried it with (in two separate cases) a amd athlon 4600+ cpu powered with a thermaltake psu 2 (2x1gb) corsair ddr2 pc6400 value select ram and 1 Samsung 640gb sata hdd and a 250gb Samsung sata hdd

i have removed the bios battery and switched the jumper to clear the bios before using different parts and i still have no joy is there anything else i can do??

i was planning to use this mobo to use for folding@home

can anyone help??

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Any fan movement at all?
    Is the power switch connected correctly? (sorry for dumb questions but might help)

3. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

no fan movement power is ok, i've tried it with two different Arctic freezer pro coolers

still nothing only thing i'm getting is the yellow/green (what i think is the standby light) is on i've tried it with two of everything just in case and the trick by using the "bare minimum" and still nowt

this has me stumped

:(

Last edited: 18 Jun 2010
  4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

reset the BIOS? Take it out of the case to try?

I had one of those boards do something similar recently as well & ended up binning it

5. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

yip tried that too left the battery out overnight tried it outside the case and nothing still

anything else i can do to reload the bios or something?

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

If it's not powering on. It's either a power phase or a dead board.
    Do you have another board to test the components with?

7. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

yeah a m2v (asus) and a asrock nr6 g-lan (i think)

and power phase?????

it's looking most likely that's dead ain't it :(

8. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

That sounds a bit like what happened to my old Biostar board. I tried to fire it up and I got no POST, no fans and no display. Turns out the 24-pin cable's 4 pin extender had worked its way loose, and the board had burned out on the last run.

There's all sorts that could have happened to it. You could have overflexed the board when fitting components or shorted something when you didn't mean to. Has the board been in a box since it was last used?

9. REDDEVIL-UK1

REDDEVIL-UK1 MUFC

it's a used board off ebay and he says it worked ok but have stored it safely since receiving it