1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HL2: Orange Box delayed on PS3?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

When a Valve game gets delayed it does not matter which platform its on because there is no surprise there.

I dont get excited about any valve game until its released.

3. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Hah. "Of course we won't delay it, you know we're especially particular about sticking to release dates!"
    Okay, I'll bite… I was under the impression that the PS3 is just getting into its groove, actually, particularly with the announcements of Haze and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. While a delay in the release of the Orange Box is obviously not good for the PS3, it certainly won't kill it.

4. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 What's a Dremel?

I am more said if its coming out in OCTOBER !! ARE THEY KIDDING :( ... !!!

Geezee i have no faith in Valve... This better be a 12hr + game not a short 4hr episode. Arr the amount of time Valve has taken time from half life 2 to develop Half life episode 1 and episode 2 is about the same time it took bioware to develop mass effect. I would have rather Valve had developed half life 3 instead of episode 1 and episode 2. Also i don't care about portal or Team fortress 2. I loved TF1 but i don't like the fact they are making it loony looking.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

predictable.....

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Remember Aankhen, it's Joe Martin writing the article.....no further explanation needed....

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Having had a good look at Haze lately, the first chance I've really had to preview it, at Ubidays 2007 I have to agree with the above comment though. Haze looks so damn good and so damn interesting, I'm seriously contemplating getting a PS3 just to play it ASAP. If Free Radical deliver on their promises plotwise then it could, in my eyes at least, be the HL-killer of story driven FPS games.

As for the PS3, I'm not very sure that just Haze and Drakes fortune could save it, given that MGS4 is delayed a year and theres few other must have titles coming this year. That said, the Wii is also suffering a drought right now so we'll wait and see.

8. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Joe, I agree with you on that Haze will be a must-have for the PS3, but that it will not "save" the PS3 in-terms of surpassing Sony's goal on units sold or even outselling the 360 or Wii, but the PS3 is in no way "losing" and this "last nail in the coffin" crap is getting old quick. Haze will help it's cause and give current PS3 owner's a decent game to actually play until something better comes out. As for MGS4 and HL2: Orange Box, it's sad that they are being delayed because I am really looking forward to seeing how these games turn out. In my opinion, you still need to give Sony until this Xmas until you can start saying the "PS3 is losing".

Tags: Add Tags