1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How to reduce a PDF file size???

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by neil_b, 14 Jul 2009.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I was sent a PDF of a document, and its 12MB in size and what I really want/need is a smaller version of it that's around 1MB.

Does anyone know of a that I can use to reduce the size of the file??? I don't want to shell out ££100's of pounds for Adobe Photoshop, and I don't have access to the original pshop files etc.

Thanks!

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

this might be worth a try; install a free PDF print driver like pdf995 and print the PDF file using that - it may reduce in size as it will reprocess the graphics which are almost definitely causing it to be so big.

otherwise this will be possible with some ghostscript code-fu, but dont ask me ;P

3. smajer

smajer what?!

4. darkorb

darkorb What's a Dremel?

You can also try using CutePDF for the same (last time I looked at pdf995 it had ad's all over it). Seems to do a good job creating small PDF's when I've used it.

5. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

Depends on why the original is so big, if it's a PDF made up from one or many scanned images, then reducing it by the size you want may make it look terrible