1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ideas for my matrix-themed mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by robotguy9000, 19 Jun 2004.

1. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

well i have the basic idea like this (this is why its kinda complicated)

playing on the idea of the matrix industrial future look but the johen vasquezz(invader zim/johhny squee etc) look with tentical pipings that connect to one another, i was going to have it be a 4 piece set

1 being my pc ( and actually the last on my list so far since i havent thought
    of what it should look like yet)
    2 my keyboard
    3 my mouse
    4 my monitor

Now on top of my monitor is a actual figuring of the matrix sentinel, which i will try and recreate a piece similiar to the mount (much like the image i posted above) my monitor will have 2 power cords/tubes coming out from the top ( one on the left and right and the sentinel in the center) and all leading to the back of the monitor.and on the sides of the monitor (keeping in mind this is a possible 21 inch crt) im goign to have it set with the same as the top but only on the left and right side all leading to the back of the monitor where they all connect into 1 big power cord/tube)

now the mouse is going to look the same but just a beaten up old metal look to it

The keyboard is going to look similiar to the old beaten up metal, but actual tubes coming out of the keyboard and plugging back into itself (more tube fun!) and maybe shaving some hole/rust/bullet holes into it

Finally the computer , currently i own a skull series thurmal take, so i need to figure the new case i would have to get it i decided to change it (which most likely i will)

so suggestions by this point would be GREATlY appreciated if it seen!

~seforin ((~))

2. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

awsome! Are they very expensive though? I need to buy this stuff in bulk (30 - 40 pieces worth almost)

3. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

I Think im going to start my own thread on this project, and work on it from scratch everything but a pc mod......ill link when i create

Thanks for the input people

4. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Have you picked a tower for this yet? cuz if not i got one for ya that would work way well with what your looking for and can help you out with the case wrap idea.

Cheiftech Matrix case

Custom Case Wraps

Hope these help, and good luck with your mod.

5. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

im back!

hello everybody, this is my first post in like 3 months

anyways, im using an enlight 7237 because it is really cheap and easily modable... im not a big fan of big towers either.

6. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

sorry for the lack of posting myself, im still in the mits of chosing either a mid or mini tower, i keep thinking a mini tower for this project simply because wires and such are easier to make look industrial with rather than a mid thats 1/2 the size or what not......but still i gotta think of what to do next, i do think that case is nice though =p

7. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

ok im at work now and im actually working on a old model tower here im thinking i should go with some old tower maybe of mid size, (Seeing the one im currently working on is giving me a idea)

any suggestion on pop lock mid size towers? Cheap ones

Also im trying to work on my current pc and work on a cable wrap clean up idea, any suggestions on that? (Say twist ties and ill stab you)

~Seforin ((~))

8. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

twist ties :p

I'd go for the larger case, more real estate to work with

9. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow: *Eye twitch*
    *slowly raises knife*

Well im going to post a pic of it probably tonight or tommorrow, show you people the mass (the wires that eats hands) later on

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

i read the first few pages of this thread a little while back and got interested. plus, while watching Revolutions tonight i got an idea for it. what if you somehow incorporated the "3 Power Lines" idea, the lines that lead Neo into the machine city, to lead to some key part of your rig. just thought it might be cool, and that it would be one of those things that die-hard matrix fans would look at and go "dude..thats so f-ing awesome". also, is there a way to incorporate the sunglasses, either a pair of Neo's or the standard Agent Smith pair into the mod? cool ideas, btw. id be really interested to see how this turns out :thumb:

11. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

if he ever came back to the thread... just let it die...please.

12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen What's a Dremel?

i think you should forget all that other lame matrix crap. as far as i'm concerned, the most badass thing in the matrix is when he gets to the machine city and he's blind and that giant spikey ball thing floats up
    THAT is a badass spikey ball. he was like english mofo, do you speak it!!