1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel and Nokia annouce mobile partnership

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Why not go Android?
    Anyways, I'd like to see an Intel phone but as they said late last year they have a lot of catching up to do in the market segment they compete with ARM in.

3. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Damn it!
    I Just bought the n97!

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I am sure that a few years ago my PDA was running on an Intel processor which obviously wasn't x86 but is was definitely in the market they are trying to get into now. Assuming that Intel stopped making the processor it seems to have been a rather bad decision.

5. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I repeat, no CPU will make any Symbian based phone decent to use. I'm now using a Android G1 and after a year of using a N95 i'd never go back.

6. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

huh well those cell phones are going to be a lot warmer now lol, oh not to mention cost more.

7. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Seems mad that Nokia would sign with someone who has already admitted they have a long way of playing catch-up yet, as perplekks also mentioned.

8. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

I repeat, no CPU would make WM a reliable and decent in any way choice. Symbian works faster, is a breeze to use and is far more reliable. As you see, pointless discussion.

I stil can't see anything Intel could bring into mobile phone market. x86 is outdated, ARM is faster, uses less power and is perfectly suited for smartphones. Intel can only bring anti-competitive practices, high prices and high energy usage. I used nokia smartphones (for me and my company) for many years now, but I see that it's about to change.

9. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven Minimodder

Since when was x86 outdated? And since when was and ARM chip faster, only thing faster is x64 (if you count that as different)? There aren't any x86 (or x64) phones because the power draw is too high, not because it is outdated or too slow. If ARM was faster then the fastest desktop processor on the planet wouldn't be an x64 Core i7 2600K.

Tags: Add Tags