1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Interesting case...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by UnLoadeD, 18 Nov 2002.

1. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Saw this posted elsewhere, thought some of you might find it interesting. I dont really like the case, but I like how everything is oriented. Check out this animation of it's insides -=Here=-
    Brings up some interesting possibilities for those making custom cases.
    [​IMG]

2. linear

linear Minimodder

Some interesting design ideas for sure.

I think it's pretty wasteful of space though. The trend is quite toward the opposite.

3. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Well, I dont think it is too wasteful of space. I was kinda picturing moving the drive cage area to the left or right and putting some water cooling goodness next to it. this would give you a bit smaller cube versus having the m/b oriented in the traditional manner.

4. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

...i'd defile it with my dremel :naughty:

5. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

I heard somthing about it not getting the proper air flow or somthing and the PS is on the bottom next to the HD

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

i personally think that the case looks way too ugly to be anywhere near my room or desk ....

And someone please explain to me how that monstrosity is gonna save any space.

7. Shadowman

Shadowman What's a Dremel?

To be honest, the idea is there, but the application is poor.

I could probably do a better job meself, which I will more than likely do in the near future after HAL, as I think I have a dynamite plan for it /me stops boasting before his head swells...

The thing is is that most PC's are based around a set shape, and the set shape imo is dated. Instead of having boxes, why not have other shapes for PC's?

Intel have worked on those kinds of cases for the future afaik, and showcased them a little while back.

Obviously a well done box is a nice piece of kit, but I just think that it is growing boring seeing boxes or cubes as PC cases.

8. l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz

l33t_c0mput6r_m0dz What's a Dremel?

After I first saw it, I do have to agree with others as to poor airflow for this case. From the animation, there only appears to be 2 fans on the right side of the case blowing/sucking across the mobo..

You will have limited air exchange and no direct (perpendicular) airflow on your mobo components, only across it (parallel). :nono:

As stated before, great idea.. poorly executed.

9. Shadowman

Would have been better to make a case that provided easier access to LANs etc...

In fact, that gives me another idea for my next project /me writes that one down... :D

Gah, too many ideas for my next project, not enough money :(

10. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Someone needs to make a case that has a removeable section that houses the MB, Cards, and DVD, but allows you to take the vital Gaming parts with you in a small case, and leave the extra perepherials at home.

(Mod anyone?)

You know, Leave the CD-RW, extra harddrives, Floppy, stuff you don't need to really game.

11. Shadowman

Hmmm, I see a mod coming on...

A PC within a PC...

So basically it has a few core components (i.e. mobo, psu, one hard drive) and then a modular connection to external peripherals (i.e CDRW, etc etc) so it would be in it's own casing, and be able to be slid into the main PC (a bit like the supercomputer CPU trays I have here)

Oh, and a 17 inch TFT in the side to prevent luggin a monitor around that is powered by a dual monitor card. once the main monitor is disconnected, the card will automatically pick up the tft and use it as the main display....

Like I said, too many ideas, not enough money :(

12. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

Connectors in wiring would be a fun issue. But maybe you could just have a single brick of connectors to unhook, and lift out.

13. Shadowman

That's what I meant.

I have access to a perfect set of plugs and holes for em too (from HAL's old set of boards and loading trays)