1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other L.A. Noire Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GravitySmacked, 15 May 2011.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I also struggle reading the facial expressions. I'm not sure if the tech is quite ready, the actors aren't up to scratch or it's just me.

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Could be a combination of both because I have also had trouble reading the expressions. I built up a nice little stash of intuition just before being promoted to homocide and ended up using them all by my second case. I could be over thinking some of the suspects because I've had some with excessive amounts of blinking or looking away, yet they are telling the truth instead of the lying/doubt options.

3. Paul @ HD Review

Paul @ HD Review What's a Dremel?

Really enjoying this so far. Not too good at reading the tells yet. Hopefully I'll improve. It's just finding the time to really get my teeth into it.

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Really? I thought it was over acted to the max. This is how I work it out.

Truth - They will lean forward stare straight at you and maintain eye contact.

Doubt - They will look at you but frequently will look away.

Lie - They look all over the place and rarely look at you.

That works for me most of the time and remember you have to have proof to accuse them of lieing. If its a witness and they show the signs of lieing but there's no evidence that matches than its a 'doubt'. I find it hard sometimes to work out which piece of evidence relates to the lie but I think that's more down to me than the game. Another annoyance is during interviews you cant look at the people section of your notebook to remind yourself who's who. Later on the interviews get tougher.

5. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'll keep in mind those tips and see if it helps. To be fair to myself I got onto disc 2 last night and got all of them correct; I got a nice glow of satisfaction in the process :)

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Man, I well want this game but I just can't justify £35 for a game at the moment when I have other expenses coming out my ears!

Saying that I am moving into a new flat and will be without Internet for a week or two so could be the perfect excuse!

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Thanks for the tips - I will try that tonight. Using my own intuition (as apposed to the game's intuition!) I was failing badly. I am still enjoying the game though - it makes such a change from everything else that is around at the moment!

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Completed the game last night! Overall very impressed and it leaves it nicely open for a continuation of the storyline too. Roll on the two extra 'desks' worth of DLC and the re-opening of the PS Store so i can download my pre-order goodies.