1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop Throttling Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Reaper_Unreal, 9 Nov 2006.

1. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

I've been using my laptop here for a year now. I recently decided to install some monitoring and throttling software on it so that it'll stop lagging so badly in games when it's on batteries. Thing is, that now I've noticed that my 1.6GHz centrino doesn't go above 620Mhz when it's on batteries, even if I set it to maximum performance mode. As soon as I plug in the AC it shoots right up to 1.6Ghz.

The software I'm using is called Notebook Hardware Control, and it's been working fine for me so far.

I've turned off all the power-saving options in the BIOS and video card drivers, but it's not making a difference.

Any ideas?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Have you checked out the manu's site? Got the latest BIOS? It could be a known issue with your laptop. :)

3. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

They don't offer BIOS upgrades for my model. For reference I've got a Eurocom M38AW Milano II. It seems that they stopped making my model shortly after I bought it.