1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Laser cutting or case building companies

Discussion in 'Modding' started by atc95, 25 Mar 2013.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Are there any companies (UK based) that you guys have used to build custom enclosures or laser cut your case parts for scratchbuilds.

I have contacted protocase.co.uk and am getting a quote for what I am trying to do (a mini itx cube for lan), but was wondering if there are other companies who build a case from your design or laser cut the parts for you. If anyone has used these companies what is the quality and pricing like? I can't construct the parts myself as I have no access to the machinery or knowledge of how to do it.

Cheers,
    atc95

Last edited: 25 Mar 2013
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Our very own Editor22 will do this for you, or you might want to contact Parvum Systems. I will be contacting nate (E22) in the next few weeks about work I'll be wanting done later this year because my local water jet cutting and CNC laser companies (one of each) are becoming more and more difficult to deal with. I understand that it can be costly for a large company to do one-off work, but when it gets to the point that you feel they don't want your business, it's time to look elsewhere. Unfortunately that has happened to me with both recently.

3. atc95

Might have to give him a PM, generally speaking what is the cost for a cube case with a variety of fan cutouts?

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have no idea - all the laser and water jet work I get done is on existing case panels, chassis and sheet metal stock. I've never actually had one whole scratch designed case cut, and also never had work done on only one item at a time.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I know someone that does laser cutting and will build a custom case to your design his work is excellent I'll send you email address if you want it

6. atc95

A pm would be appreciated, thanks!

7. WALKYRIE

WALKYRIE What's a Dremel?

I agree, I rebuild just two components of my case (motherboard tray and the back of the case) to my specifications with 2mm thick steel, the result is amazing, but it took a LOT of time and money and patience, all depends of which metalwork factory or company you are able/lucky or unlucky to find, below is the new back of my case with 2mm thick steel and new powder coating

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Apr 2013
  8. neilhart

neilhart What's a Dremel?

Try the Laser Hive. http://www.thelaserhive.com This fellow can help you with your design if you want as well as scource and laser cut the acrylic pieces.

neil

9. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

ColdZero.eu

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I use www.laser-c3.co.uk for laser cut parts for another business I run, mainly because they are local to me but their prices were very reasonable also.

I couldn't provide CAD files but they accepted technical drawings and cut from them which was very helpful.

11. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

We have a laser cutting service, can currently only do about A4 size pieces though. Prices start from £8 in MDF and up depending on your acrylic. http://www.phenoptix.com/products/laser-cutting-service don't know where we sit with the competition price wise but we'll always try and make sure you receive the design you actually want, not necessarily the same as the file you originally sent us (laser cutting can be a real bugger!).