1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I completed a playthrough of Total War: Warhammer as Skarsnik today. Been an off-and-on thing for about the last four months... :sigh::duh:

2. TekWarrior

TekWarrior What's a Dremel?

Am a total war fan, so although you win is great playing with the different factions, just playing the new warhammer one now, won it with the dark elves now trying it with the dwarfs

3. creative

creative 500rwhp

Battlefield 5..... I know, late to the party and it wasnt online, but I have always enjoyed the campaign side of the BF series. Enjoyed it but wow is it short! Had it finished in a few days, got to the end and was looking for the next part only for it not to be there! Oh well, I enjoyed what there was.....

Onto the next game!

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

LISA: The Painful
    On its face a pretty solid TB RPG with some interesting quirks, but the world, the writing and the storytelling really set it apart. Just like a few other games inspired by Earthbound/Mother it uses a particularly effective mix of comedy and lighthearted weirdness, combined with (increasingly) adult and disturbing elements.

This game goes to some extremely dark places, and not just in the subtext,
    Particularly egocentrism, regret, drug addiction, depression, suicide, abusive relationships and generational cycles of trauma and abuse (both physical and mental)
    but manages to do it in a way that somehow never feels cheap or just for shocks.
    It's also interesting how the subject of suffering was worked into the gameplay: the game often unexpectedly breaks genre conventions in cruel ways, creating a constant feeling of dread and uncertainty. It goes out of its way to make sure you never get too comfortable.

All of this is interspersed with a lot of great jokes, visual comedy and delightfully weird characters. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

The soundtrack, by the way, is also perfect for the game. It goes from suitably bizarre (like this masterpiece), to disturbing, to pretty cool and relaxing.

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Completed this a couple of months ago, it's more of the same and surprisingly I put the most time into this out of the three. Good but nothing ground breaking.

C&C: Red Alert

Soviet and Allied campaigns complete, on to the expansions or maybe RA2. Still a fantastic game, enjoyable and challenging.

6. elmar

elmar What's a Dremel?

Red Dead Redemption II, but I rarely finish my games. Especially since some have no real ending.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I know what you mean! I had a constant feeling of 'I should be more amazed by this, but I'm not' :oldconfused:. Still worth playing. There's a couple of new side missions I should play.
    Good work! I never managed that as the levels got shockingly hard (for me anyway) in the latter stages. Cutscenes are golden and a happy part of my childhood. Tanya...mmmmmm.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Crysis 3.
    Enjoyed that, although ended far too soon.

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I need to come clean, after a few lost hours on the hard missions i had to look at a walkthrough. Sometimes the first few seconds of a mission are critical, other times you need to wipe out the harvesters early on to avoid an impossible fight!

Pete J likes this.
  10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just finished Doom Eternal. I think this game might actually be perfect, or as close as it gets.

A couple of the platforming sections early on had me initially thinking they were a black mark on the game, but having played through the levels again to collect some bits I missed the first time around, no such issues, so I think it just took a bit of time to get into the flow and now replaying them you feel like a hero speeding through them.

If I was nitpicking, a couple of the swimming sections are a bit pointless.

Might be my favourite game since Witcher 3.

And whilst initially I thought the Marauder could get right into the sea, found a flow with them too... which is a must! I can see why various reviews complain about them though. After the first fight with one, I thought "phew, glad that's over with and I don't have to fight that jackass again", and then come across one in a slayer gate shortly after, but was like "yeah but slayer gates are different, so I'll let them off" (and it took so much splash damage from everything else going on that it was an easy kill anyway), and then you realise in the later game they're just a garden variety enemy and they start to really grate, and then you're asked to kill one in 30 seconds for a challenge and you just accept the inevitability that you have to figure out how to kill these things quickly and efficiently, and then it's all good from there

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm not reading the spoiler part (still playing the game myself) but so far I can agree. Even the part about the platforming mirrors my thoughts almost exactly. The engine is just so buttery smooth and controls are accurate enough to really feel in control of movement and aim at almost all times.*

Overall this game is good enough to make me go for 100% completion on first play-through. Something I very rarely do.

* I'm an arena FPS player from way back and all the way to today, so (naturally) I'm extremely picky with controls. Doom Eternal feels amazing, just a tiny bit too 'floaty' at times for me. But, as I said, this is down to me being a nit-picking AFPS bi--- person.

12. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

Metro Exodus was the last one...

Not bad...was like a modern S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in many ways, which is no bad thing.

13. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Ori and the Blind Forest
    Possibly one of the best games ever made. Visually stunning, dramatic and engaging, I didnt think i'd ever be blown away by a platformer but this is something else. Would recommend to everyone, a true work of art.

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Black Mesa!

HOLY **** THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!

STOP READING THIS AND BUY IT!!!

boiled_elephant likes this.
  15. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Decided after just over 4 years to finish the Black Ops 3 campaign. I played the campaign every 2 years from launch. A bit confused, I thought I might have been forgetting some of the story. After googling the game their were a few confused players out there.

I also went back to complete Black Ops 2 which had a better ending. I would give Black Ops 2 8/10 and Black Ops 3 6/10 for their campaigns.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2020
  16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Doom Eternal
    Absolute carnage! It's a massive step up from Doom 2016 and genuinely challenging. There's a lot you could praise this game for but the art design and soundtrack stand out for me, incredible stuff.

17. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Didn't worry about completing all gem and ghost collections.

Enjoyed the game. Biggest complainant was the low health heartbeat was way to loud. Second complaint was that there were a couple spots where I found the game mechanic to be completely baffling, but I suspect that these might be holdovers from the previous Luigi's Mansion games which I haven't played.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finally polished off Middle Earth: Shadow of War for a second time on nemesis (not sure what the other difficulty types are TBH).

Yeah, love the Middle Earth games, I think the unexpected comedy lines of orcs helps.

19. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Half-Life 2 on PC and Lord of the Rings: Conquest on Xbox360.

Haven't played games for several years now but want to get back into it and join a decent community.

20. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

ooh exciting, let me know how it goes. I’ve also been out of the loop for years and have just gotten back in. Been catching up on some old favourites - including HL2