1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Everything is miserably slow, so not quite the demolition derby one might expect.

2. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

its not bad out in the country side, but then most country side roads dont have tarmac but great fun even still wild life was a problem wild dogs, boars and buffalos had a habit of jumping out of the bush. in densly populated places its mayhem, we had a guide with us in india nice bloke but wore cotton trousers and flip flops (left foot had a nifty leather patch for gear shifting) but had horribly scared legs from biking accidents.

anyways my latest addition to my pi collection
    [​IMG]

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh I think he'll be fine, he's Nepalese so the whole "better to die than be a coward" thing may well come into play. He's (predictably) not the biggest fella in the world but he certainly acts it. Rides a chopper with a 5.7l V8 in it over here...

stonedsurd likes this.
  4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A small box of wub for the office...

[​IMG]

BK XLS200, front firing, in walnut with added auto-standby.

I've been agonising over what sub to put in the office for weeks. I demoed a buddy's BK Gemini II and my own XXLS400 and found myself wanting something in between, but the lack of auto-standby on the XLS200 was bugging me. After consideration of many other makes BK's value for money made it hard to ignore. Turns out if I wanted a special XLS200 with auto-standby all I had to do was ask. Heroes.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2018
    Yaka likes this.
  5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm not sure that you need 1,200 lumens to be seen, to be honest :D

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The way some drivers react to cyclists, sometimes I wonder if miniature suns might be an option.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Fixed that for you :)

liratheal likes this.
  9. liratheal

In direct opposition to the light above - the blackest black paint times infinity. Or, black from Stuart semple. Not quite vantablack, but close enough.

wolfticket likes this.
  10. legoman

You do round here trust me, plus bulk of the time it'll be on 100 lumens, the manufacturer has been clever. two LED's one is akin to a cars dipped beam with a filter on the lens and the others just a full beam so it works more like car headlights, beam patterns look nice an have a nice flat cut off rather than a round splodge.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

12. liratheal

Rdr2 because.. I actually don't know. It just seemed like a good idea, along with a couple of cases of beer.

13. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

tbh cyclists need somat that makes a bit a noise to get them noticed. alot of morons have their heads down zoned into their phones. no lights is gonna get them noticed in such cases.

i dont like it but when im at the lights on my motorcycle i drop a couple rev bombs to idiots from thier phones look up,

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
  14. liratheal

I feel like, in some cases, if cyclists had some culpability for when they break the law a good number of motorists might treat them better.

I can't count how many shitty cyclists I encounter (although, neither can I with drivers), and having the ability to point them out of the crowd of sponsored sperm that flock to the streets would make it less frustrating when they do dumb ****.

15. legoman

I have a bell on both bikes, Ive proved the bell is far less effective that the sound of my clicking freewheel. Plus if you have someone walking with headphones in full zombie mode nothing bar a collision will make them notice you.

Also law breaking cyclists do hack me off, I form up behind cars in queues unless theres a proper cycle route, give way at junctions dont jump lights etc. I was out last weekend with a friend we got caught by a local club they broke about six laws in the space of five minutes an caused a huge tailback. We ended up blasting back out from the club then going tight so cars could pass us easily.
    Unfortunately the drivers were agitated by this point so we had almost every car beep up an pass very closely.

16. liratheal

Cyclists, generally, agitate me - but I do my level best to leave enough groom for them to fall over and not come in contact with my car. And yet, so many ride like they're invulnerable when we get to a junction is hilarious. More than one has ridden right out into a round about to the chrous of horns without so much as flinching. It's like some think they own the road.

David likes this.
  17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I can't cyclists who cycle around like tools, I make sure to follow all road laws, always have my highvis on even in the day, but it is true, Don't wear a high vis or have lights on, cars with give a larger amount of room than when you have lights/high vis.
    So, continuing my good cycling nature, i bought myself a Livall BH60SE Smart Helmet, it has rear Red LED's, and rear Indicators, and speakers, haha.
    Also non cycling stuff:
    Corsair Strafe RGB mk2
    ID Cooling Frostflow 280mm AIO
    2* pwm fan splitters

Lunch at a local pub :thumb:

That's enough for now.

Sam

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]
    Dewalt DCD792D2 Combi drill and DCS331 jigsaw. Also bought a Bosch RobustLine Jigsaw Blade Set and a Erbauer impact bit set. Let the destruction and and construction commence! Tomorrow, when the batteries have charge and the rain will have hopefully stopped.

LennyRhys, Yaka and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

Ok i'll stop now

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Needed a new soldering iron, so...

[​IMG]

Goatee likes this.