1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Left 4 Dead 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 18 Nov 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2009/11/18/left-4-dead-2-review/1

Last time it was zombies. Now it's zombies from the deep south? Did the apocalypse just get a whole lot worse or a hell of a lot better? The only way to find out is to grab your chainsaw and head deeper into our review of Left 4 Dead 2 to see what we think.

:dremel: <- closest we get to a chainsaw

2. Gateway

Gateway ...

NO! i was delaying the purchase because i had no good reason to buy it...

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

/angry fanboy boycotters in 3....2.....1.....

Or maybe they're all still tired from the MW2 review?

Seriously though it's great that Valve has improved and added enough from the original L4D recipe to justify an entirely new game and it's obvious that all the content here is much more than a few bits of DLC. A worthy purchase, and for £21 (if bought in a 4 pack) is good value too.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Played it for an hour last night: I fully agree with Joe, it's WAY more than just a bunch of DLC packs. The burning hotel level really just hammers home how much Valve have gone to town on the level design this time around, they feel so much more involved than the original levels.

However, I disagree when it comes to the melee weapons. I was playing it on advanced, and they seemed to fit perfectly. Yes they're insta-kill, but you have to time it just right and getting up close and personal with the zombies always leaves your back exposed. One guy with a chainsaw being covered by three others with rifles is a perfect combination, but it requires teamwork.

You can't really just play with melee weapons alone, and losing your pistol is a big sacrifice, especially early in a campaign when ammo is not so plentiful.

Plus, nothing, and I mean nothing, made me grin more than sticking a chainsaw into the back of a witch and watching the blood fly.

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Quoted for truth :thumb:

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

I had wrote previously:
    I have joined the "havenotL4D-haveL4D2" group, since I uninstalled L4D yesterday night.
    L4D2 is better than the original.

7. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I'm in the same camp i didn't get enough out of l4d because my buddy didn't get it, between the reviews I read yesterday and my buddy buying L4D2, i bought it yesterday, i am weak.

Though i stand by the fragmenting of the community, though i doubt i'll stop playing l4d but I think i'll feel like i'm missing out on the stuff from the sequel.

8. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

Agreed. Your team mate taking screen shots the whole time might have something to do with it though :)

This is a fantastic game. Dark Rain had me on edge when I was trying to get through a cornfield filled with witches. So many memorable moments and I look forward to replaying them all in Verses mode later.

9. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Am going to get it off amazon as I really enjoyed L4D (internet too slow to download)

10. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Thats a bit harsh, Joe. :)

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Worth it in a 4-pack, not really otherwise.

12. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

DAMN! Stop giving these games that are supposed to suck good reviews. I can't afford to buy them all. I had Borderllands on my list now MW2 and L4D2. Jerks!

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

out of the last 10 years of gaming, this, is literally the ONLY demo i'll be buying the full game of. Normally its "ooo, what's that.. followed by ..oh, that was nice, where's dinner???" The demo is fantastic.. for me its been "wow, kill those Zombie b*******, mwah ha ha ha" i'll definately be buying it.. might install a dedi server if they allow it.

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Played with some BT staff the other night, quite an enjoyable game, my fears of them making it more of expansion were alleviated after playing all 5 campaigns.

I think my two favorites are Dark Carnival and Hard Rain. Though Swamp Fever is quite good too, specially the Finale.

The Bridge level is a blast as well.

Quite happy with this game, let's just hope they don't announce L4D3 too soon and focus on the DLC a bit.

Also, the way the campaigns connect is a lot better, and the new lines for the characters are hilarious.

15. Matticus

Matticus ...

Looks like I might have to buy this.

Me and my friend played the demo and both thought it was pretty "meh" and didn't really seem much different to L4D. But that may have been because we both had and still have lots of work to do and maybe a little harsh. But everyone seems to love it so I can't see why not.

16. chokchaioldschool

chokchaioldschool What's a Dremel?

Sound great

really want to get this one

17. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Played through the first campaign last night, loved it and appears to more than justify full sequel status to me.

18. ut66

ut66 What's a Dremel?

Jebus, at least try to hide it a bit, the review feels like pure valve PR. Great work guys

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

CHARGER! :eeek:

20. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I was a partial boycotter but I played the demo and I saw these big changes that really made the game less campy and more dynamic than L4D. So I got the game from a a complete stranger on the steam forums because the game is censored here and that fellow lived in the UK.

It is definitely a good game and the scavenge mode is the best multiplayer mode in the game. I mean it sounds really ****, all you have to do is collect gas cans but the intensity of the gameplay of that mode is astounding. Some of my best L4D2 moments so far are in scavenge, its really that good.

Tags: Add Tags