1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft launches Windows 10 Desktop Bridge dev tool

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 15 Sep 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Alecto

Alecto Minimodder

Wow, this is so irrelevant.

I don't need (nor want) my software to appear in Windows Store, nor do I care about running it on Xbox (a gaming console) or Windows Mobile (a platform with about 0.6% market share), " with additional work" or not.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

To whom? You use Windows, right?

4. Alecto

Alecto Minimodder

Precisely. My tools run on Windows, my products run on Windows.

This is irrelevant to developers like myself and even more so to the customers. They don't care about "UWP", "WPF", "Win32" and whatnot, they want a working solution.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot once more, canceling the Android bridge thingy and going forward with this crap. Priorities ...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Yeah, the cancellation of Android Bridge seemed really odd - though given they've only half-launched iOS Bridge it looks like they're cutting their losses in the smartphone app market altogether.

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Remember that UWP packaged programs are not restricted to the Window store, they can be distributed anywhere (and with the Anniversary Update do not even require the user to tick a checkbox, as it is enabled by default).