1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - June 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 Jun 2007.

?

Who should win Mod of the Month for June 2007?

Poll closed 6 Jul 2007.
  1. "Fibonacci Sequence" by Pfaffen

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. "Extreme Air!" by Zero_Limits

32 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. "NNC" by Tjedi AI

16 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. "Tube Radio PC" by s_q_u_e_e

46 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. "Tikki Aquarium" by thechoozen

45 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

Purple site?

Im liking the radio PC. Cool stuff!

Edit: I see whats going on :p

3. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

WOW, sweet modding guys. NNC looks insane, kinda reminds me of space craft from an old sci-fi movie and extreme air reminds me of the old 40k space marine back pack. The wood effect in Tikki is stunning, great air brushing skills!

Can't wait to see the finito results.

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Top stuff

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Mod of the Month Poll

And the polls are open...let the voting begin.

6. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

I've been watching s_q_u_e_e's projects since it started, but after seeing Tikki Aquarium, my jaw hit the floor. Sorry s_q_u_e_e. :blush:

7. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

I voted for extreme air because it has tons of potential to be a really great mod and I have to say that the fiberglassing over foam just impresses me. I need to try that.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Hmm thats a tough one, they're all really impressive, but I think I'll have to go for the Tiki Aquarium since I've never seen anything like it before. I notice a lot of people are doing wood cases now, and they do look pretty damn cool.

9. FR34K

FR34K What's a Dremel?

I'm going for Extreme Air, I like where it's headed.

10. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Fibonacci Sequence: Nice work, good attention to detail - of course comparisons with the work of greensabbath seem inevitable whenever someone makes a wood case. (sorry, greensabbath wins, but this is still a very nice work in progress - perhaps when it's complete I may think otherwise) The gold is very nice.

Extreme Air: As greensabbath said: "tons of potential" - I'd love to see & vote on the finished build. Nice concept.

NNC: :jawdrop: That's an insane amount of work & details (reminds me of the mouse & keyboard by filimon (another Russian)). Plus the amount of homemade parts is awesome. This is not my style but truly awesome work.

Tube Radio: It has a clean look & nice attention to detail but it's not as big of a mod as some of the others. Still, It's one of the two I'd most like to have in my home.

Tikki Aquarium: The second mod I'd like to have in my home. This would be great as a media center but really could work anywhere you have space for it. Nice attention to detail as well.

Congrats to all on the nominations. For me it's a close call but Tikki Aquarium gets my vote.

11. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Tikki Aquarium for me - that painting is insane.

12. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

The Tikki Aquarium has the coolest design imo, beautifully executed too.

13. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Tikki for me. I love tha paint job, and the PCI brackets and the cool flame thing on the HSF :D

14. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

NCC is the only MOD of these projects. the others are only built cases or models with a computer in them. REAL HARD HUH? i vote for old school!

15. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Nice idea a mod of the month competition. Good luck guys and stoff3r build or mod, both require skills when done right. I've done a classic, old school as you call it, casemod and now I'm working on a build. Sometimes you just want to do something completely different.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Are you implying building a new case from scratch is easier than modding a previous case? It is a mod, anyway, you're modding wood, plastic, or whatever material into a case :p

17. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

no i guess it's what you make of it that sets the standard for how hard it is. but i think bit-tech even had a column about "what is a mod". he discussed the way computer mods are heading, and wondered where goes the line for calling it a computer mod. if you take a real-size model of keira knightley and ram a computer in it, it would look great, but is it a mod? but hey it was just a comment, don't take no offence.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

To be honest stoff3r has a point, they aren't technically mods, I'd say the title should be changed to "Case of the month" or "Log Of The Month" for increased accuracy.

19. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

true I guess calling it Work/project log of the month would be more of an appropriate title but anyhow they all look great but Im going with the Tikki ^_^

20. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

All very nice make me wish i had the time do my own but my vote goes to the Fibonacci Sequence im not quite sure what it is about that one

Last edited: 2 Jul 2007
Tags: Add Tags