1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

lol - out, but in the bum bag

Tip for the win - buy your exhaust systems from the states - they don't come stamped "not for road use", they also come with an "e" stamp (albeit a US one) and you can buy EU "e" stamp stickers from ebay.

The illegal thing about these things is the "not for road use" marking and the lack of an "e" mark - I've been pulled in the past and had the copper give the bike the once over, whereupon he's been unable to do me for the system as it's not marked as illegal.

(I did however get a notice of rectification for the small plate)

He also told me that my dark visor was illegal, to which I offered to take it off and ride without a visor - which isn't illegal - as long as he was happy that if I had an accident where - for instance - something went into my eye, I could say that PC XXX stopped me earlier that day and told me to take my visor off.

He told me to keep it on.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2012
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

I have this theory that screaming 4 cylinders are 100000x more likely to attract attention for noise than any twin or 3 cylinder, simply because they just seem louder, and lower bass notes of the twins and 3s seem friendlier even though they're just as loud
    I've had a fully open Akra kit on a fire breathing 1000cc twin, my 675 was wide open, and my Duc is now also completely wide open and not an eyelid has been batted at those by multiple coppers, even out in Wales where they are stricter than strict. It's bizarre.

I used to just carry a spare clear visor, mostly in case I got caught out in the dark, but I now have a helmet with a flip-down dark visor inside. I thought it was a total gimmick but it's actually dead useful :D

Last edited: 11 Sep 2012
  3. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Maybe, but I was pulled originally for sitting up in the saddle and taking my hands off the bars - not for the pipe.

But I do agree that a twin/triple has a lower bass sound which is less shrill. I have a mate with an 848 and his straight through pipes sound less illegal.

I should try to get into the habit of carrying a clear replacement - especially at this time of the year when the days are getting shorter.

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Lovely bike, by the way! I was very tempted, had a test ride and everything... especially with a 22% discount through work :D

5. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

I think I might have to speak to you when I buy the next one

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Anyone else attend the Ace Cafe Reunion/Brighton Burn Up last Sunday? My first time out on one of these bigger meets, really enjoyed it :)

Apologies if the music is not to your taste, lol.

7. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Too far away for me - loooaaads of bikes !

8. RTT

RTT #parp

European bike trip 2012 done: France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Belgium :D

9. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

couple of pics from today at bsb silverstone.
    me on the grid (centre) mechanic for my best mate
    [​IMG]

look at the sqish on that rear lol
    [​IMG]

10. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Johnny Rae is doing a great job on Caseys bike and I think he has proved himself to Honda despite Rossi almost taking him out at Aragon :jawdrop: but Casey want's his bike back next race.

11. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Do you work for the ducatti team? I didnt make it to silverstone but il be camping at brands for the final

12. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Moto rapido 848 team. My best mate is the rider. I juggle between them and Honda UK. Won't be at brands but did pick up 200 tickets yesterday for it :D

13. bdigital

Wow. 200! Got any spares? ;) Sorry had to ask. me and mrs go to bsb at brands come rain or shine (usually rain!). Last years final was epic so wouldnt miss this one for the world.

Well thats given me a new person to support while im there. Il be on photography duty so il try and get a decent pic of your mate and any other rapido riders.

Lovely bike by the way, really does look the nuts.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2012
  14. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

Problem is the 848 challenge had its last race of the season at Silverstone so he won't be there. Next season might be a good one for him but I can't say too much as its all up in the air at the minute. I might go brands, gonna see if my missus is working there.if we go I'll meet up and take you round Samsung Honda hospitality. If I go I'll also bring the pitlane passes so you can have a closer look

15. bdigital

Ahh didnt realise the dukes had finished, still got it on the sky box to record. Shame because i love watching them live, always make for great racing.

Wow that would be amazing :) should be a real buz in the honda team with laverty in the shootout.

Dont suppose the team have a need for petrol head who can build wc pc systems lol?? ;)

Thanks jizz much appreciated

Last edited: 1 Oct 2012
  16. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

If they did I would be already on it lol. If I don't go I might just send that pit pass in the post to you. I'll keep you informed buddy

RTT likes this.
  17. bdigital

Thanks i really appreciate that. Not sure what....but if theres anything i can do for you just ask! You after any pc conponents?

18. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

No im good mate cheers

19. RTT

RTT #parp

+rep! :thumb:

20. bdigital

Last edited: 15 Oct 2012