1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI X-Slim X340 Ultra Portable Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 21 May 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I do have one complaint about my Dell Mini 9: try finding a bag/carrying case for a 9-inch netbook (not a slip case) which doesn't end up looking like a silly little "man bag"... I like rucksacks, not bags that make me look like I call myself Nancy at the weekend! ;)

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

just go for a 10-11inch messenger bag, they have them on new egg, and well since Im posting on the article I cant see where your from and if its anywhere but USA or Canada well Im sure you could google it, case logic has some decent small messenger bags that would.

3. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

My netbook is a Fujitsu u810, and yea, a case is a problem. I've been trying to think of something like a bad I can clip to my belt (but still release quickly).

Getting sent from one side of the US to the other on a fairly regular basis, and being a PC gamer meant I was after something that could play games. This is where being a pretty big guy actually worked in my favor for once, I ended up getting a Dell Inspiron 9400.

It is good for carrying from place to place, but I would not recommend using it on the go unless you can stake out a table, and a power outlet.

I got the u810 later so I could watch video, modify music and play lists on my MP3 player and surf the net on the go. Very few of the airports I uswally fly in to, out of, or through have free internet, but I have a smart phone with Windows Mobile. So I use a program named PDAnet to let me use the phone as a bluetooth modem and I can make snarky comments on Bit anyplace I get reception :)

No, two laptops are not idea, but until the industry come up with some sort of 'mobile toolkit' and let you reconfigure and upgrade your laptop, this is the way it is. At least it is for me anyway.

4. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

As far as I'm concerned that also part of the product though. It rather useless if the drivers and OS are crap no mater how small and efficient it is.

Or is it that you don't what to know how well Hand break works on the original OS and not the 2nd level OS port.

5. bobwya

bobwya Custom PC Migrant

Again another fail laptop/netbook hybrid. Too expensive. No GPU. Poor battery life... I would be looking for a least a Nvidia 9500M or ATI equivalent for that price & dimensions (I don't care about the ultra-slim 'sex-appeal' factor :). Also not a big fan of single core processors (without hyperthreading a minimum). Certainly they can't run any Windows OS (due to the lack of 'real' multitasking in the windows kernel) - too much 'freezing' up situations present themselves...

Bob

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Ehh... you say you don't care about the ultra-slim but then you want a 9500M "for that price & dimensions". You don't make sense, mate. :p

Tags: Add Tags