1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other My New Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Quuwahi, 11 Nov 2012.

1. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Alright all,
    Not quite sure if this is the correct place but here goes.

I know I had a bunch of questions regarding what I should invest £4500 in when getting my new rig and its all been done well.

So after a very long (a Month) wait from scan I have finally received my rig.

The Specs are:

i7 3930 3.3GHz Hex Core OC @ 4.6GHz
    16GB Corsair Vengence Ram
    120 Corsair SSD
    2 x 3TB WD HHD
    2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 680 (SLI)
    Corsair H100 Water Cooled
    1200w Corsair AX1200 PSU

3 x Asus PB278Q PLS High Resolution Monitors (2560x1440)

Razer Mamba Mouse
    Razer Tiamat 7.1 Analogue Gaming Headset
    Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360 Controller
    Cyborg V7 Keyboard (Being replaced with Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mechanical Keyboard Upon Release).

So my overall opinion on it all...

The machine is incredible and it runs every game at max settings down to a T, on 1 monitor. Due to the 3 high resolution on the monitors (2560x1440 each), running games on maxed out settings works, but its not perfect.

Games run on average of 30 FPS when running 3 screens, now that would have been ok due to my old pc running normal games at that frame rate, however after disabling 2 of the monitors and only using 1 of them my system runs games at high frame rate, BF3 on max settings runs between 150 - 200FPS.

So my verdict is that I am going to return 2 of the monitors due to the lack of performance and stick with 1, which is more than enough.

Other issues other than performance regarding monitors is well, after playing many hours on 3 monitors I cant justify the price, you don't really notice the extra monitors as you spend 90% of your time looking at the centre one.

Sure it looks nice to have that extra bit of blur out the corner of your eyes but financially its not justifiable.

Big Boxes Arrive :-D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My mate Leeroy testing out my new rig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

That's alot of money!
    Why did it take a month to get to you?
    Cool rig though. Looks like a very neat build too, except for the random molex connector near the top.

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If you'd asked we could have told you that 30fps was probably on the cards with 3x 1440P :)

It's for this reason I have a single 30" 2560x1600 screen. It's actually more immersive if you sit close due to the extra vertical height, and of course, everything runs so much better.

Nice set up though. You don't mention what motherboard you have (although it looks like a P9X79 pro). Can you not add another 680? I reckon that will make the 3x 1440P playable for more titles.

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

two gtx690 would have been great for that setup

imo you should have got those, your budget would have surely allowed it?

5. Quuwahi

Quuwahi What's a Dremel?

Cheers guys.

Yep it is a P9X79 pro.

Although 30 FPS is playable from what i'm use to (Consoles), after playing 60FPS i wouldnt drop lower lol.

2 690 would have been ace but dont need anymore power at the moment. BF3 runs at 150 FPS (although monitor only allows 60).

It took a month because I got excuse after excuse regarding the system build. First it was something about a high volume of systems being built or something, then it was due to windows 8's release (although I didn't want, ask, get any OS nevermind windows 8).

6. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

awesome rig!!!!

7. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

but you said on 3 screens games run on average at 30fps?

So you do/did need more power? :s

8. Exarchi

Exarchi What's a Dremel?

Sick setup bro, dare I ask how much it set you back?