1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News N-Control launches Xbox 360 Avenger

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Nov 2010.

1. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Not to feed the trolls, but hasn't PC gaming been dying since about '93? The idea that it's all console ports is obviously not true, but when they do exist, blame the devs. And in that case, it isn't to say that consoles have no good games, but that the control interface is inferior (not that I agree with that, having hands too retarded to be good with the WASD scheme.) Personally, I prefer a PS2-style controller, where I can kick back in my chair with my hands relaxed, not crouched over my keyboard and mouse like an office monkey (which I already do for approximately 14 hours a day, most days.)

2. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

I actually think this is quite ingenious. I like the way it straps on to your existing controller so you don't have to buy a whole new thing (for probably twice the price of this thing) and if you don't like it for every game, you can just take it off.

3. cgthomas

cgthomas Cpt. Handsome

That's really something for us pc gamers with an xbox controller.
    Looks nice

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Thats an interesting point, assuming that most of these will be used by console gamers, exactly how "Pro" can you get on games where most of them have some sort of auto lock / snap to target system?

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Know what's crazy. When I tell people that MW and Halo have aim assist, they claim it doesn't because they don't notice it.

How can they now notice it!

6. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

for all the bashing of consoles (which I don't own at the moment) people forget that some games like platformers and fighting games work infinitely better on game pads than keyboard mouse.

RTS and FPS are better for pc but everything else is not.
    all the pro stuff is fair and balanced cause console pro's don't play against pc players. The handicap is even.
    I'm a fps nut so I stick to computers, but one of my favourite game of all times smash bro's melee was absolutely brilliant on a GC controller.

also this thing seems interesting in a try before you buy way

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Seriously? :eyebrow:

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

There, I fixed that for you. You don't need to buy an Xbox or a PS3 to enjoy console controllers. Wii's more problematic but I don't really see those as 'PC' games anyway; low emphasis on graphics, strong emphasis on local-multiplayer etc.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

10. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

Or if you don't have crap for brains and don't think it matters at all to be "cool" or "uncool"...

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Mates coming over... hah. As if I'd let other people into my nerd cave.

With slight seriousness, I can't see many people who have even heard of this thing, let alone own purchased one, inviting a mate over for a few beers and a bit of CoD. :p

eddtox likes this.
  12. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

+REP :D

13. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

How about an xbox controller with a decent D-Pad? The current one is woeful.

14. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

$65 for a ****ing joypad?

15. atwr8484

atwr8484 What's a Dremel?

BUYER BEWARE!!! I don't take habit in buying something and then giving it a verbal can whip. However, the Avenger Controller (Which is actually just a controller cover/faceplate) surely didn't stand up next to its $60.00 original price tag and after hands on I'd say it doesn't stand up to the $40.00 tag either. All in all its a faceplate with coat hangers wrapped in electrical tape and then taped onto a Microsoft (only) controller.

Three measly days after it arrived the X button lever snapped in half while I was "Fine tuning it like an instrument" as their web page proclaims. Come to find out when I contacted the supplier that Avenger was just soooo coooool that they were all sold out. Ok, Shipping began Feb 3rd 2011, they were out of stock by Feb. 9th 2011 because so many people ordered. I am the only person I know that has one of these doo hickies and one of the few who has even heard of it. I was told of course that "A replacement" would be sent out but that I'd have to wait another 4-6 weeks...They got my money it 4-6 minutes...

Avenger arrives, breaks, and now wait 4-6 weeks to find out if your money was well spent. AVOID my misery and stay clear of this attachment. It is falsely advertised as well. The Avenger customers receive have no color markings, no high glossy look, just a dull, paper thin plastic controller cover with rubber strings and Customer service let downs. I must say I did get to use the Avenger for appx. 2 days before its breaking. I didn't notice a bit of difference in fire rate, aiming, gaming or anything other than my controller felt heavier.

My advice for FPS success, 1-practice 2-Get Kontrol Freek joystick extenders 3-Turtle Beach headset 4-Practice. Thanks for reading guys, the Avenger is junk, the price is extortion and the maker is a crook. Prosper!

Tags: Add Tags