1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NEC MultiSync P221W - 22in widescreen LCD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Apr 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I find it striking that evidently everyone seems to ignore the Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA (specs). Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too.

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

So you did pay over $350 for a monitor then :D

In the yesteryears I have payed 700 euro for a 19" Illyama CRT screen, right now I can have a 30" LCD screen or two 24" Dell Truecolour E248WFP LCD screens. So actually you get more for the same money you have spend on your old CRT.

3. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I've got the 26" version of that beast, and it came with a calibration device. LCD2690WUXI-bk. I really want to get a few more (ok 5, for a six display setup), but I can't afford that. So I'll just use this as the main screen, and four Dell 24 inchers for the sides, and my old 22" for the top middle. (All in due time due to lack of funds.)

LOVE this monitor. But quite pricey, at around $1200 Canadian. Similar specs, though I believe it's 400CDm2 brightness and 4ms g-to-g. I can also set the display for sRGB or aRGB colour mode, as well as two different B&W modes. And to top it all off, I can change the ugly bloo power led to green, as well as adjust the brightness, all on the OSD. Best monitor I've ever purchased.

Oh, and as far as a a higher resolution at 22", 1920x1200 will be pretty bad. I don't have bad vision at all, 15:20 assisted. And I do love having a higher resolution. The main thing is eye-strain. The super high 1080p+ resolutions on a small screens for long periods will strain your eyes, much like crappy speakers/mix will hurt your ears over time. Thus, 26" it was instead of the 24" version for me.

The other thing you get is quality. These are medical/studio grade displays. TV shows (afraid I can't mention names) use these displays. I wouldn't be surprised if studios that produce feature length films use these displays, but you can always pay more. The ones those studio use cost around $3500 and upwards. These displays are really just entry level, much like my Beringer B2031A are entry level studio monitors. But still work great for the cost, especially compared to similarly performing/lasting products.

Oh, and as far as warranty goes, my display has a class 1, 4 year warranty (no dead pixels, nex business day whole new unit shipped, and I pay for shipping of the broken unit back.) Pretty awesome if you ask me. Oh, and it supports HDCP too, as well as a bunch of other features.

The only two downsides to this monitor, in order of importance are: 1) Cost!!!, and 2) input lag, though not very much. Only a little apparent in games, and fully correctable for watching movies.

4. sako

sako What's a Dremel?

Some of you guys just don't get it. This monitor is made for serious photo editing and graphics work where the really important criteria is image qualty and faithful colour reproduction that you'll never get with the mass produced TN monitors and more than a few S-PVA ones as well. Also to get the best out of this monitor you really need SpectraView II Calibration Software .

5. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

Way to bump a thread that's a year and a half old to say something that's already been said.

6. sako

sako What's a Dremel?

So delete the thread if it's out of date. Geez!

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We never do that here because it maybe useful to those who want to read older threads for info.

Tags: Add Tags