1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals need a blue backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slyBR1, 14 Oct 2011.

1. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

Hey, just got a new custom pc and monitor. any one know of a decent keyboard for around £35. Needs to be blue back lit as i need to see the keys at night while playing games and my mouse, computer front light and internal light is blue, may as well keep the status quo.:cooldude:

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Any mechanical keyboard with blue backlight will be the best. If you can scrounge up something like 35£'s extra you can get a decent one.

3. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

what does mechanical keyboard mean?
    Im no serious gamer or anything so i think £35 would be the max i pay.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

This guide will tell you a lot about mechanical keyboards.

As a personal note I can add that if you use your computer more than 30 minutes a day a mechanical keyboard will change your life. It is so much more comfortable to use and makes writing a joy. It even lasts longer, a mechanical keyboard will outlast any rubber dome keyboard. Most of the mechanical keyboards are rated at 50 million key press' pr. cap.

5. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

can i determine what im using now some how? just had a glance at the link going to have another look now my feels like buckling springs!

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Unless it clicks and feels lovely then it will be a rubber domed keyboard.

7. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

does the clicking not get on your nerves.? and as i write this ive just answered my own question, as i just realized how insainly noisy my keyboard is! :lol:

8. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Some newer mechanical keyboards are pretty quiet but I think there more expensive and certainly cost more than £35.

9. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Saitek Eclipse keyboards ain't too bad and fit your budget. I've had one for ages... infact I think i've still got it under my desk

10. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

cheers, i'll have a look into the saitek eclipse. and let u know what i think

11. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

No, just learn how to touch type, just practice. Not sure what games you are playing, please don't say FPS, keep your eyes on the screen!

edit: You don't drive your car by looking at your gear stick and pedels do you?

12. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

I'm using a Razer Lycosa right now and this has blue backlit keys.....very good keyboard with macro stuff for gaming.

13. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

I was under the impression most people touch type. Anyone who uses a PC for work or has it as a major hobby should be able to just through practice. However there are some keys such as the F keys and number pad that are rarely used, for me personally I need to look down to get the exact one I want. Sure I can make a general estimate and be one or two keys off, however that's not ideal if your fighting off hordes of bunny rabits.

Anyway point is having backlight keys can be useful and there are times I wished I had them on my Microsoft Curve keyboard.

I wont give a computer safety lesson but if possible it might be worth just turning the lights on, at least for as long as possible.

In regards to the actual question, not really that many Blue LED lit keyboards (Within your price range), which is a shame. The Saitek Eclipse Keyboard is alright, however at that price you could forfeit the blue led idea and get a much better looking keyboard with more gaming orientated features such as Macros and Anti-Ghosting.

Never used a mechanical keyboard so cant comment on how they are, though I am curious haha.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2011
  14. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

cheers ill have a look at that

15. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

ha ha, yeah a couple of fps at the mo.just killing time though waiting for skyrim!!!

16. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

[ Macros and Anti-Ghosting.

I think i know what the macros are but what does the anti ghosting do

17. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Anti Ghosting allows you to press multiple keys at once without having them fail to be registered, so for example saying your playing Counter Strike and you need to reload, crouch and jump at the same time, on some keyboards your jump would not be registered. Though most keyboards, even the cheapest keyboards have some Anti ghosting measure and its not a major issue however if say one of your games uses a odd key combo or setup you may find a need for some anti ghosting measures.

Macros are basically just short-cuts allowing you to attach multiple actions to a single key. Very useful for MMO gamers in particular.

18. slyBR1

slyBR1 What's a Dremel?

could i use a macro to set my screen in portrait with a single key press? that would be helpful instead of going through the menus