1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Need PlayStation pad connector diagram (color coded wiring)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jakotsu, 27 Oct 2004.

1. Jakotsu

Jakotsu What's a Dremel?

That's it, because I am trying to make the connection to the parallel port but I have removed the original connector before I realise that it was required to connect it. Now I only have the coloured wires but I don't know in which pin of the connector was each cable.

Any help is really appreciated. My pad is an original one with both small and large motors, I'd really hate to waste it. :waah:

2. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

Can't help you at the moment [ can't find the bit I hacked off, heh ]

But from what I remember from making custom connectors for my PSX the wires were all labeled on the controller's main PCB.

3. ARM

ARM Minimodder

Jakotsu,
    How did you remove the connector ? Did you cut it off ? If you did, then strip a bit of the wires off and using a multimeter check which coloured wire corresponds to which pin on the connector.
    Hope this helps.

Rgds,
    ARM

4. Jakotsu

Jakotsu What's a Dremel?

Thanks, but I have removed the connector itself from the cable and there are no traces of which color was in which pin of the connector.

If someone can take a few minutes to open an original PSX pad and figure out with a multimeter which is the wires connecting order from the pad's PCB respecting to the connector's pins, I will be able to use the pad, and will be eternally thankful!!

My friends are completely unable to make something for me, like putting me in contact with their friends who owns a psx pad. Im really pissed of about this, because I constantly give tech support when anyone needs it and ask nothing in return, and their are completely incapable of making something for me. Can you believe I consider them friends?

Last edited: 2 Nov 2004
  5. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann What's a Dremel?

give me a couple minutes, and i have two ends i cut off in one of my storage boxes....

6. Kerri Ann

[​IMG]
    oh wait.... oops. i just realized you need the pcb's end of it. ive got that too.... somewhere. ill look.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2004
  7. Jakotsu

Jakotsu What's a Dremel?

Heeey thanks!! I can use that, I assume since our controllers are originals the cable colors will be in the same order!!

I assume they are both facing down, in which case I should connect the pink wire into the pin 1 and the green one into pin 9 of the linked image connector, isn't it?

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate your time. :D

8. Kerri Ann

yes, that's correct... green is pin 9. good luck with your project!

9. Jakotsu

Jakotsu What's a Dremel?

Darn, I just noticed I don't have pink nor violet wires in my pad, so I still need the wiring diagram because I can't take risks with the parallel port. If you have the other side of the cable, plz let know in which order they're connected and I'll stop bothering you, thanks! :D

10. Kerri Ann

no problem- looking at the pcb that corresponds to the black connector in my picture above, the colors go like this:
    1 red
    2 black
    3 green
    4 brown
    5 orange
    6 yellow
    7 blue
    8 violet

so i guess the pinout from connector to pcb would be
    connector ............ pcb
    1 ......................... 4
    2 ......................... 5
    3 ......................... 8
    4 ......................... 2
    5 ......................... 1
    6 ......................... 6
    7 ......................... 7
    9 ......................... 3

11. Jakotsu

Jakotsu What's a Dremel?

Thanks. I assume you are looking at the PCB from the components side to list the wires order, correct me if this is wrong.
    Thanks again.

12. Kerri Ann

the order of the wires is numbered on the bottom of my pcb, so i listed them in that order.