1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New build help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Max, 10 Oct 2010.

1. Max

Max What's a Dremel?

Hey, I was wondering if you guys would help me with my new build!?

Budget:
    This is not really fixed, the price I'm willing to spend depends on the performance or benefit. For example, I'm willing to spend £300 on a 5870 but not £400 on a 5970 when the performance gain is minimal

Main uses of intended build:
    Gaming, keeping up with my huge amount of multi tasking, general work, video editing and of course over clocking.

Parts required:
    I will be keeping my current HDD's and peripherals so I will need:

Motherboard. Because I'm planning on over clocking I will require sufficient heat pipes and so on ( you guys know the drill ). I will also want a 1336 socket type. Crossfire compatible would be nice, at least x2, 6GB/s sata and maybe USB 3.0 ? A decent raid controller is a must.

CPU. I wan't the Core i7 950, planning on getting an i9 when they arrive

RAM. I multi task heavily so would probably like 12GB, but if you think that's not necessary please say :)

GPU. I generally run two VDU's 22 or 24" at 1680 x 1050 or higher, nothing up in the the 2xxx range though. I would like my GPU to cope with gaming while the 2nd VDU is running monitoring apps etc without turning down my beloved AA. I was thinking the 4870 1 GB ? ( not a fan of Nvidia's pricing but if you provide substantial reasons I can stretch to that )

PSU. Obviously I want a stable PSU that will run all the above components with the ability for expansion, for example another GPU. Oh, it also needs enough juice for 2 pumps. I'm pretty sure it goes without saying it needs to be modular.

CASE. I was thinking the silverstone TJ07 ( nice and roomy for my RADs ) what's your preference?

Thanks.

2. Max

Max What's a Dremel?

Anyone? :(

3. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

4. Max

Max What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info, I was under the impression the i9 was going to use the 1336. I guess I will hold on for a little then ^^