1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks New Build Woes :(

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by horgboy, 20 Oct 2011.

1. horgboy

horgboy haisup

Evening/Morning chaps,

Just build a new computer (see sig :) ) and running into a few issues I am a bit unsure of.

Firstly the DVD drive after installing my windows 7 grinds to an absolute halt whenever any other disks are placed into it (drivers, whatever)

Also, the internet also slows right, right down completely randomly at any point in time.

Lastly, the computer doesnt shut down per say. It will hang on the shutting down cycle ('logging off')

I honestly have not had any experience with SSDs so unsure as to if that would be the issue or not.

Cheers!

2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Are all the drivers installed? I had similar internet problems initially with a build and the wireless drivers didn't install automatically (despite the ethernet drivers doing so) - actually, how is it connected to the internet? Have you tried updating the firmware on your ssd (what model is it?) - again, for me, updating the firmware solved at least 1 issue.

Not sure about the DVD drive however... What discs have you tried?

3. gerardmcmanus

gerardmcmanus What's a Dremel?

I would defiantly ensure you have the latest motherboard drivers installed correctly, have a look at the device manager and manually update the drivers to see if that helps, if not I would try reinstalling the OS. Because you have issues with a few things there, makes me think its a driver issue with the motherboard.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2011