1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Tomb Raider game coming to Steam

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 30 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

If it is a remake of the original and not a sequel to Legend, how can we get a resolution to Legend's cliffhanger? :eyebrow:

3. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I love tomb raider :)

My girlfriend and I have been playing through tomb raider 2 on the playstation 1 for a while now whenever we are both at my home. It's been really good fun. Still got 3 and 4 to go at too!
    I will have to install legend tonight. I didn't finish it due to a dead hard disk and keep meaning to have another go. Was the ending good?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Extra scenes? Maybe they are giving more info in a prequel?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The ending had me on the very edge of my seat, unlike any game since Beyond Good and Evil. I honestly didn't see the twist coming and thought the voice acting and reactions were perfectly played with Lara being deliciously sinister.

EDIT: Adjusted the article to show what I originally meant about the conclusion, that there will hopefully be a sequel to Legends. AFAIK Anniversary won't sequel-ise Legend at all.

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I hope it's even better than Legends, sat and played that all the way through on all difficulties. Although I can't for the life of me remember what the twist was?

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Are these new physics and smoothness all centred around the boobs?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nor me. I played it and now I've completely forgotten it. :confused:

Ramble - You can be assured that we will be looking into it in depth here at bit-tech HQ. In fact, we've dedicated a whole day to the investigation ;)

9. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Her clothes actually get wet when she goes into water if that floats your boat :p

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Dont tell me you guys played and like Tomb Raider. Any respect I had for you guys has gone.

They have milked this franchise too long. 10 years too long. I remeber playing a demo of the very first Tomb Raider game on my new PS1 and and after 5 minutes and have never touched any of them since then.

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I hope you guys have had a a girlfriend in your life. :p

12. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Wow, vitriolic AND sarcastic - if mikeuk2004 hates the game then it MUST be terrible, right?

Maybe if you'd given it more than 5 minutes, you'd have realised that the original was one of the most polished and well thought out games of its time. It may not have been completely revolutionary (how many games are?) but its intuitive control system and emphasis on thinking with action thrown in rather than whether you have the fast twitch hand-eye coordination to score a perfect headshot made it accessible and hugely enjoyable to a very large number of gamers.

I'll admit that some of the sequels have sucked big time, but I'm really looking forward to the remake with a revamped graphics engine. But then, that's my personal opinion and I won't argue with your right to yours, regardless of how kneejerk a reaction it may be to judge a ten year franchise on the back of five minutes of demo play - just please don't be so insulting to others who may not share your views.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:eeek:

Handbags!

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I look foreward to the remake, the first was the best in the series. I dropped out after number 3. Good to hear it's coming out on multiple formats.

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I never really got into the first two, but I often want to revisit them. The third one was OK at best, the rest awful until Legends. Legends really interested me thanks to the involvement of Crystal Dynamics and the new faces they bought to the team. If theres one thing CD do well its 3d platformers.

16. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

the "new" game is pritty good, I had just killed the T-rex after ages and ages of figuring out what to do.
    Its been so long since the original tomb raider that it seems like a brand new game to me. I cant really remember any of the original while I am playing it. Graphics are definatly good and gameplay so far has been exciting and challenging.

Im off for a quick play again :)

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It's well and out, lol. *looks at the TR:A images*

18. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Iirc, the original TR was released on the cusp of Windows 95 arriving. I think the second is the best in the series - it was far more polished a game for its time. TR3 in comparison, was very poor indeed and the series didn't pick up until Legends. Legends is a barnstormer of a game and although a bit short, the journey is a real thrill ride.

19. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

I downloaded the demo of anniv. off of steam and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Tags: Add Tags