1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Nintendo DSi

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/dsi/2009/03/17/nintendo-dsi-review/1

While it's been available in Japan for a while now, Nintendo is only just getting ready to ship the new DSi platform across the rest of the world. We've got a copy of the handheld to take a look at, so it's time to see if it's worth getting rid of your DS Lite or PlayStation Portable.

:geek:

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

£50 premium is a bit much, are they going to stop making the normal DS?

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Hopefully this means I will be able to pick up a cheap DS lite as people upgrade.

4. Vode

Vode What's a Dremel?

I'm not interested in the DS to purchase, but the addition of WPA support might pull some people in too... Especially us techy types who are unlikely to have mere WEP protecting our precious networks! But 50 pounds is a bit much for a bit of extra wireless compatibility and addition of an unseen store.

5. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

There is a good reason there is no performance gain in DS games - they are synced to the CPU speed, so if the new processor was running full whack it would be running the game faster, like when you run Theme Park on a PC with a 500MHz+ processor.

Shame they will probably be shutting out homebrew, that 16MB of ram would make for some interesting ports. If they can get Quake to run on 4MB...

6. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

of course they are. it's just another way to hike the price up a bit. i can't believe the upgrades mean having to fork out another £50 if you are that way inclined.

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

hmm I sold my DS the moment the PSP came out and never looked back but this DSi may be worth getting, :)

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

No R4 is FAIL. I see kids (also in my family) exchanging mini sd cards like the latest candy. Luckely we have the acekard ;)

Last edited: 18 Mar 2009
Tags: Add Tags