1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Ah thanks.

2. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

I couldnt find it either lol , my 14yr old told me

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bloody clever clogs.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Trying to fly my ship with K+M is a right pain in the arse, going to see if i can hook a controller up to make it any better.

So far so good. I watched plenty of videos / Twitch on this game so knew what I was getting into. It does feel somewhat empty but I must admit I think it is alright

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Think I will need to watch a couple of videos as I feel that I have not got the create etc right yet.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

Pardon?

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry I meant creating stuff or doing whatever it is I am supposed to do with the whatever it is I find.

8. oscy

oscy Modder

You can 'craft' a few things, mainly hyperdrive fuel. It's just a case of getting blueprints along your way then making what you feel you need, which will require certain materials of a certain amount, though there will be several different blueprints for each upgrade, so you can have more than one way of making something.

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It is definitely better with a controller! You can tell it was designed for it.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The way that works for me when crafting and gathering minerals in general is to find something that I want to build, for example a shield upgrade for my ship, and just concentrate on gathering those elements and parts. Any other materials that I pick up will only be things like carbon, plutonium, fuels stuffs, this way I managed to avoid getting my inventory too full. I treat the thing that I want to build almost as a quest type thing.

The only time that I will differ from this is if I manage to find something like a planet full of gold or emeril in which case I'll fill up as much of my ship and suit (don't forget that 2 full slots of materials in your suit (250 units each) equals 1 slot in your ship (500 units)) and sell that off. I made over 1.5 million very easily last night selling gold to the local station.

Of course there are going to be times when a quick build of something like a bypass chip will happen - best use I have found for them is to use the signal scanners (orange beam things) to search for shelter and hope that I get a marker to a drop pod for the suit slot upgrade.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

If you can't find a planet of Gold/Emeril, then Bypass Chips actually sell pretty well and are easy to make.

I never bother using the signal scanners to find drop pods as they're so easy to spot just flying around. I use those for crashed ships to see if it's better than my current ship.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I managed to hook up my XB1 controller and away I went, much easier to fly with :thumb:

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

So many lies in this game. such a shame. Feels like an alpha of what we where promised.
    buying this game is encouraging other devs to do the same because they know they will get away with it.

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I need a bigger ship. I found one the other day and fixed it but I still need more space. Can't put the game down though, it's one of those games that just compels you to do one more thing :)

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The more I see of the mechanics of No Man's Sky, the more I realise it's basically a posh version of Out There which I already play on Android. One-sided conversations with alien creatures in a made-up language which ends with you giving them a resource from your inventory in exchange for learning a new word's translation and the occasional gift of a blueprint or rarer resource? Check. Probing planets for resources and mining them? Check. Ship made up of blocks, which can hold a system like a warp drive or shield or a stack of resources but not both? Check. Build ship systems by finding blueprints, which then require a handful of materials to build? Check. Can't move ship systems from ship-to-ship, only destroy and rebuild them if you know the blueprint? Check. Can find abandoned ships, fix them up and transfer yourself to them in order to increase the number of blocks you have for systems and resources? Check. Somewhat grindy with artificial restrictions in place to keep you planet-hopping, like constantly running out of fuel or oxygen? Check. Head to the centre of the galaxy as your mission, or follow a route given to you by a shadowy NPC? Check. Can warp through black holes if you build the right ship system? Check.

Okay, so No Man's Sky has the pretty factor: it's 3D, you can get out of your ship and explore, and you can discover Mr. Potato Head aliens. But major mechanics wise, it's the same.

Not that this is a bad thing, you understand: I love Out There, even though I suck badly at it.

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Don't forget that you'll need to upgrade your ship a few times as you won't find a 48 slot one if you're still running around in an 18 slot ship. The ones that you'll find are capped based on your current one. I believe that it's also the same for multi-tools.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Ah, that makes sense. Mine's a 24 slotter and I need more!

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

At the moment I am running around without a scooby do what I am supposed to be doing if anything. I have followed a space beacon and ended up on a space station and got a better gun/mining tool. Apart from that??????

19. oscy

oscy Modder

Did you look into the game before buying it?

You explore, man. You fulfill that inner urge to be all spacey and frolic. If you do not have this urge, don't be playing this game.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

No I did not look into the game before buying I just used a pin on a list.

I appreciate you explore but surely with some purpose, some aim? I just found a mountain of gold as and was on my back to the space station when the game crashed because of an update so at the moment I do not know if I am a rich explorer or a poor explorer.