1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V No sound output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [KNIGHT], 7 Oct 2012.

1. [KNIGHT]

[KNIGHT] What's a Dremel?

I am using a desktop computer with an Intel DP45SG motherboard with the built in sound card.

Since recent times i am experiencing a problem with sounds. The problem is that im not getting a sound output from the line out port. I tried several headphones & speakers but it still did not work. So i tried using the front panel line out port. That does not work too. At time when i shake the jack of the line out cable i can hear a faint sound output. But that is also not constant.

Therefore i tried re installing drivers, checking sound settings etc.. but i have been unable to fix it.

Any suggestions?

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Sounds like either the onboard sound is either buggered or the actual port on the audio connection is gone.

Just pickup a cheapo soundcard on fleabay

3. [KNIGHT]

[KNIGHT] What's a Dremel?

Is there a way to change the line out from the default port to another port? (ex. set the line in port as the line out port)

4. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

Not completely sure if you can change outputs like that. I've had problems where audio became fuzzy due to the hz being set to a level higher than my speakers could handle.

5. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

If your on windows 7, right click the audio icon down in the bottom right, select playback devices, and make sure 'speakers' are set as the defualt device (sometimes HDMI or Digital may be accidentially set).

It's a similar-ish idea in XP, except, you just need to deselect use SPDIF in the advanced audio prompt.

6. diariodemierda

diariodemierda What's a Dremel?

Download another sound drivers. Thats the problem.