1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not letting me unsubscribe

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by monkeyville, 27 Apr 2004.

1. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Ahh ok i thought i'd just let you guys that run this here great forum that when i tried to unsubscribe from one of the threads it said no no no. Hopefully the pic will explain better. :D

[​IMG]

Is it possible to sort it out or am i doomed to getting updates on the for-sale forum forever :)

2. monkeyville

bumpage...

Can nobody unsubscribe me from this thread or am i doomed to seeing whats for sale in my inbox from now until forever :sigh:

3. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

The screenshot intimates that you're attempting to unsubscribe from an entire forum, as opposed to unsubscribing from a thread itself.

Do you get the error when attempting to unsubscribe from an actual thread itself?

And secondly, you're attempting then I take it to stop all subscriptions to threads located within the For Sale / Wanted forum?

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Looks like a bug to me! In the URL you'll notice a f= but not a t=.
    /wonders if it'll be fixed in the next release

edit: confirmed bug (just had a look at the code).

5. monkeyville

Cheers for the replys guys. Yeah i'm subscribed to the entire forum (no idea how i did it) and every day i get an email saying what updates have been made to the for sale forum. The URL i get when i click unsubscribe is

http://forums.bit-tech.net/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=5

instead of this right

http://forums.bit-tech.net/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&return=ucp&t=57538

I assume the "f" is the problem?? I have no idea about the coding side of it but i wasn't sure if i was being a n00b or there was a general bug

6. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

It's f for forum, t for thread. Weird bug, I've never managed to set up a subscription to a forum myself yet!

As a quick fix, I could wipe all your thread subscriptions fairly easily without having to go rummaging around. That'll mean you'll loose all subscriptions mind.

7. monkeyville

Yeah go on then just wipe the lot. Its starting to bug the hell outta me. :wallbash:
    Tbh i have absolutly no idea how i managed to sign up to the entire forum but you know things happen. I'll just subscribe back up to the threads that i need to. :D

Cheers for taking notice and trying to sort it out. I appreciate it. :thumb:

EDIT: Can you send me a quick mail please when they have been deleted so that i know to go and subscribe back again. Cheers :)

Last edited: 4 May 2004
  8. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

I'm currently subscribed to 4 forums (not that I mind, I don't get any mail from them) I remember why though

the old forum software had the "mark all read" and "subscribe to forum" links right next to each other, and @ 1600x1200 it's kinda hard to tell the difference, so I ended up getting subscribe to them :hehe:

anyway, hope the subscription clearing takes care of it :)