1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aw, diddums. Men earn more money, have more power, are physically stronger, are not defined purely by their sexual attractiveness. But God forbid that women might get a few concessions towards the fact that they have less physical strength and sociocultural power and status.

It's an unequal world, you know? Mostly it's men who have the upper hand. Occasionally, very occasionally, it's women. Man up and deal.

2. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Lol dude - what kind of women have you been hanging around? This is exactly the kind of BS I'm talking about - I've experienced these 'situations' many times and had both the sexist outcomes as well as completely different and perfectly rational non-sexist reactions too. (OK apart from marching a woman down the police station because she touched my crotch!).

It's exactly this kind of thing that breeds the hatred that you are displaying. I'm not trying to force you to change your opinion - you're entitled to it. I only hope that the more easily-led question **** like this when they see it.

As above - hardly undeniable. As I mentioned earlier sexism does work both ways. But this is a bit different to disregarding Sarkeesian on completely unfounded things that have already been disproven and when questioned you have either ignored the call for better evidence, or just responded in a childish manner.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

So you're saying women should have equality except in the areas that they actually do benefit in, which they should retain.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2014
  4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Your image serves as a strawman in two ways:
    (1) As ajfsound says, you're making many contrasts that simply do not match reality and then complain how unjust they are.

(2) You pretend this is what feminists want to sustain, that they don't want equality both ways and are therefore hypocrites. This is also untrue.

[​IMG]

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

As per what theshadow2001 says, how can people argue for equality when the world is not equal, and one gender is allowed to retain privileges that go against equality just because it benefits them? You want real equalty? Fine, but don't expect any of that BS to carry on flying just because it suits women who feel the need to get away with things that men can't ( and viceversa naturally ).

If you've experienced this, regardless of outcome, then wtf are you piping up for? Be quiet please.

NO, they haven't been disproved in the slightest- they've been ignored because it suits the agenda of the pro-ultra feminists who have no interest in hearing facts, facts that they simply chose to ignore and dismiss. You can watch the videos yourself and see the issues I raised addressed plain as day but still some people ( probably drunk on Vodka I'd guess... ) choose to ignore them and pretend the facts are incorrect as it doesn't suit them to accept they are right. I can't make people see sense if they don't want to.

1) Wrong- these are everyday occurrences that do match reality. If you've never encountered them, consider yourself lucky.

2) WTF? No, I'm not saying this is what anyone wants to sustain, much less real feminists- it's the neo-nazi man hating brigade who will lie, cheat & use dirty tactics to further their unacceptable notion of 'equality' ( where women > men ). Of course, it doesn't stop them sleeping around ( fact, not opinion btw ) to get their message out there- there's your hypocrites...

Now, further talk of of this BS only serves to derail the thread further and piss me off which may result in bad things happening, so can it please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh dear God Neil, you have written some of the most condescending replies I have ever seen.

As for your 'situations', no, I haven't encountered them, so I guess I'm a liar then (though admittedly the majority of them have never occurred to me). The women at my place of work are rather lovely people. My boss is female and has easily been the best boss I have ever had, not to mention that I work closely with other women on my team who are wonderfully competent.

7. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I've never seen anyone so spectacularly undermine the very point they are trying to make as Neils' recent posts in this thread have done.

8. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Well, I wanted to reply to the other things you said, but if the discussion is really irritating you, then I'll stop.
    I'd like to emphasize though that it has never been my intention to anger or insult you personally, only to challenge some of your opinions, and perhaps learn something myself.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2014
  9. Nexxo

I am saying that this is (still) a man's world. Men get a lot of advantages just by the fact that they're male. I do not hear them (or you) complain about that. So there have been a few societal token concessions made to women as well; it is assumed that they can't hit as hard as men, that they are less likely to be sexual predators, that they may need some assistance with heavy lifting. And you know what? That is largely true.

The price of equality between men and women is equality between men and women. That goes for you as well as for feminists.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2014
  10. theshadow2001

Most of what was in Neils matchstick image was nonsense. Just your previous point was poorly made. It was more of a stance of tokenism than equality.

11. Nexxo

In an equal society tokenism does not exist. If it's there, it's because there is inequality. To argue against tokenism but not inequality is like arguing against the benefits system but not against the socioeconomic disenfranchisement that creates the need for it.

12. theshadow2001

You were arguing for both equality and tokenism its a non sequitur and why I said your point was poorly made.

13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Please, can we move on and have some funny pics please and take the serious discussion to another thread?

14. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

What flibble said. Take your bitching and moaning elsewhere.

15. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Wow - how apt for you to say 'bitching' considering what's being discussed. I'm so demotivated by the last few pages that it actually feels on topic.

16. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

'twas on purpose. :thumb:

17. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

18. Nexxo

I think it should read "bitching/b@starding". Equality, you know?

Anyway, I quite like how threads can sort of can take detours like that. But kind of killing two birds with one stone:

[​IMG]

19. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Aw dammit, if I'd thought of it I'd have used it. But I didn't. :(

[​IMG]

20. Nexxo

[​IMG]

I'm so with you, bro. I mean, full size snickers.