1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Orders from Ubiquiti EU store & Fees/VAT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mister_Tad, 30 Apr 2021.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm about to place a fairly sizeable order and buying direct works out to be the cheapest on paper, but they're applying VAT to the order, and I was thinking that due to the value of the order >£135 I'd be paying VAT (and any associated admin fees) on delivery.

A few forum comments here and there cite getting hit with fees and having to sort it out with Ubiquiti, but that was a few months ago so perhaps teething issues.

Has anyone placed an order with them recently and can advise what's going on? I've asked them what the deal is, but then what they say and what actually happens aren't necessarily one and the same given that EU imports still seem to be a bit of a sh_ show and the ~£100-150 savings vs UK shops could quickly disappear and go way the other way.

2. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I ordered a G3 Flex camera from their EU store and had zero issues, they applied VAT and I didn't get charged with any fees on delivery.

Granted the order was for a total of 83 EUR so didn't hit that higher value threshold.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Orders £135 and over now have import duty applied depending on what it is.

This is on top of VAT. AFAIK if VAT is applied at source then that's fine as it's sorted pre arrival but, yeah, there's import duty to consider too (betwen 0 and 25%)

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Import fees & VAT are applied on Unifi orders direct.

Ping me a message with a shopping list if you want me to check UK stock for you.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  5. Mister_Tad

Ubiquiti got back to me saying the same, was about to order last night but then got distracted... pinging list :thumb:

6. Mister_Tad

For the sake of update, I received the delivery this morning with no fees/taxes, or any suggestions I'll receive a separate bill, so assuming I don't in the coming weeks it seems Ubiquiti sorted out whatever issues they were having earlier in the year.

Only potential issue vs buying in the UK is for returns/warranty. This isn't to be sniffed at of course, but I saved around £400 vs UK suppliers and that's not including the USW-enterprise-24-poe which it doesn't look like I can buy in the UK even if I wanted to.