1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pay-for-customisation confirmed for WoW

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 14 Oct 2008.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Teq

Teq What's a Dremel?

Yes and no, it really depends how far they intend to go with the customisation, obviously there are many players that have spent a lot of time working hard to gear up, they might feel a little out of joint if some guy comes straight in with the best gear money can buy. On the flip-side of the coin, those of us with the budget but not the time to farm/instance for nice gear, it'll come as a welcome addition.

If this does go ahead I would like to see only the best gear being available to those that have earned it through gameplay, even if that means that I'll never see it...

3. logonui

logonui Minimodder

The whole WOW economy will also be screwed. People will just buy items for their charachter in the real world and then sell them in game to get more gold... or are they going to get rid of the ability to sell stuff as well?:duh:

4. Millusdk

Millusdk What's a Dremel?

The way i understand this, you will not be able to buy gear that is useable in instances, PvP, or PvE. The stuff you buy will be looks only.

5. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

The Card game basically already does this, as long as everything is superficial then who cares!

6. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Yeah you're right, it says you can buy clothes, not full tier sets. It's even called pay for customisation, pretty obvious it's for looks only. Even if they ever did let you buy gear (which I doubt they ever will) the loot gear you could get will probably still be better.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

if it's for looks only, it's better... but i still hate anything that gives the option of paying real monies to "enhance" ur character in any way.

just... don't do it.

8. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

I beg to differ, people use real money to buy gold right now and they they can get whatever they want. If anything they should be looking for a way to cut the gold farmers out of the loop and keep that money at blizzard instead of going to china (like the rest of the world's money)

9. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

The items will probably be soulbound, meaning there untradable and only allowed on your character.

10. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

But the items you can buy on the Auction House are crap compared to PVP - Tiered sets..... For that reason I have no problem with gold farmers. I agree that if the items you can buy are Epic items with stats etc, its a very bad idea. You can just imagine all the rich people walking round in their great gear and the poor people struggling and working hard for their gear... a bit like life in the real world...

11. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

meh if you have the money you can already buy a decked out char or account.

as long as it's limmited and controlled in the form of binding etc, I have no problem with account buying/selling or item auctions. It can screw up the economy but you don't need outside money to do that, farming inside the game can be just as devistating, besides wow has a pretty good economic system and upgrades items pretty consistently so that the best gear now is "meh" in a year

I say this because I'm planning on selling my account I don't have the time to play anymore and I want to sell it before WotLK comes out and it's worth no money. an expired account holds no value to blizzard.

Tags: Add Tags