1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics PIC16F88 and ATMega8?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jpantoga, 7 Aug 2006.

1. Jpantoga

Jpantoga What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone,
    I have recently purchased one of those cool RGB matrix controllers from Sparkfun, and am just beginning to full understand how to work it :D . Because of it's onboard SPI functionality, I figured I'd control it with that. I only have 2 uC's with SPI capablity (16F88 and ATtiny13) and hopefully will use the PIC, for which I have better programming equipment. However, is this possible to have a PIC control an AVR via SPI? Also, if any of you have any sample code/schematics or links they would be very much appreciated, as I'm just a highschool student introducing myself to this new hobby.

2. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 11 Aug 2006
  3. Jpantoga

Jpantoga What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

Yes, I have checked out the example code, and am going to use the PIC16F88, however the example code is in C (with which I have no familiarity). I plan to use assembly. I was wondering if anyone had any example code or links.

4. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Go grab the CC5x Compiler. The free version is good for up to 1k of code, and you can link code together outside of the compiler if you need more space.