1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Powerline network with wireless printer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeiltheDruid, 21 May 2013.

1. NeiltheDruid

NeiltheDruid Minimodder

Hello ladies and gents. Hope you're having a lovely evening.

I've recently moved my PC to another room in my house and the wireless networks signal is really rubbish - it was bad before, but now it's bordering unusable. I am looking into getting a powerline network set up, just for my PC and leaving the wireless network as it is for everyone else in the house.

My only issue is that I have a wireless printer and I am wondering if my PC will still be able to communicate with it despite not being connected to the wireless network. Is it possible that I'd be able to set it up with my PC connected through the powerline into the ethernet port on the router, which would be able to connect to the printer through the wireless?

Does anyone have any experience like this?

Cheers :thumb:

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Wireless printer just connects to your LAN using WiFi, there is nothing more in it. The physical connection doesn't matter for the device which wants to print - it is still a remote, networked printer. So yes, it will work.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have just such a setup, all pc's are connected via homeplugs, printer is connected wirelessly and we can print from any pc or laptop.

4. NeiltheDruid

NeiltheDruid Minimodder

Excellent! Thanks guys! I just wanted to check before I committed to my purchase.