1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Beast 3: Xlyophix

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Henrymonaghan, 6 Nov 2004.

1. Henrymonaghan

Henrymonaghan What's a Dremel?

Heya fellow modders, this project is far from my first mod, but it is the first time iv posted a mod on the Bit tech forums, so bare with me if anything f*cks up.

Beast 3, codenamed "Xylophix" is my newest project. iv done quite a bit of work so far, but ill just post a few pics to get some feedback from u guys, and see how its gong from a fellow modders perception. scrolll downn .... :hip:

[​IMG]

this is the basic case (re-sprayed) and the custom frontpannel installed (unpainted)

[​IMG]

This is the custom frontpannel, built specificly for a fancontroller and DVD-R. This photo was taken a while ago, so its unpainted and is missing the realy kewl chrome button for the CD drive. Im painting it with Metallic black car paint by the way.

[​IMG]

This is the lid (also unpainted) iv grinded down all the teeth on the inside, as it will connect to the case on hinges and lift up and down. this will also be painted black

[​IMG]

these are my fans, iv re-wired them in white tubing, and soldered chrome mono jack plugs to the ends. the female ends will be shown below.

[​IMG]

this is the basic rig, i fabricated a shell from black perspex to cover the area seen above, and also used black perspex to create a pannel for the female jacks.

[​IMG]

basicly the same shot as the one before, only iv changed the power supply wiring, screwed on my custom front pannel (temporarily) and used white perspex to complete the shell for the power supply.

give me lots of review people, i want to hear what you guys think of it. ill post more pics when its completely finnished. stay tuned :hip:

2. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Awesome work so far, keep it up want to see more!!! :thumb:

3. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

looks great so far....I hope to see more soon :thumb:

4. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

Lookin very noice!!

How you going to squeze the mobo in though?

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hi,

I see the power distribution boxes are really become popular. And thats a good thing too. They look great and add 'something' to the case.

Its looking good, good luck on your progress.

L

6. Henrymonaghan

Henrymonaghan What's a Dremel?

ta guys

thanks for the comments, ill update u with new photos asap. currently spraying the lid :D . the mobo fits nicely, cant realy tell from the shots tho. iv tested to make sure everything fits hehe.

7. first_timer

first_timer What's a Dremel?

hey henry

this is my first visit to a site like this, and my first venture into modding. ur case really gave me some ideas. keep up the good work, and hurry up i wanna see it finished!