1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project]: Big Bro' Prodigy (E-ATX mod) FINAL PICTURES: 12th March - 2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nikkop, 12 Dec 2012.

1. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Hiya all!

I'd like to ask you, if you like Big Bro' Prodigy, to vote for me at Minimalistic PC's modding contest! http://www.minimalisticpc.com/contests/vote/
    Last day to vote is today and I'm sorry I haven't asked you before But if you like this mod, please support me and vote! Thanks

Ah, too bad. I have heard that rubbing with ketchup does the work, lol. Sounds strange but I guess there's some kind of acid that works well.

True about that. I'm glad I went on their website and read about the pastels before I ordered some since it's always good to know, hehe.

Thanks a bunch for your comment. And I totally agree with that quote, it's my PC and I'm the one that's going to look at it at my desk. However since I'm doing this public build-log it's always fun to please my fellow readers that enjoy to follow my work and build log.
    When you get your Prodigy, do something unique and fun with it, I'd love to follow that project log, in case you make any! ;)

Thanks a bunch again,
    best regards
    nikkop.

2. ModaRobby

ModaRobby What's a Dremel?

Ketchup? Makes sense, tomatoes are naturally acidic.

Voted!, too bad you didn't win.

-Rob

3. samuraiweasel

samuraiweasel What's a Dremel?

Just read through till here this morning, awesome stuff Nikko, keep up the good work, and subbed obviously :p

4. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

UPDATE: 12/03 2014 - Final Pictures of Big Bro' Prodigy!

Thanks for your vote! Appreciate it :)

Thanks a bunch! Sorry for my late reply but thank you, I appreciate it.

Here's something fun for you below! :)

[​IMG]

UPDATE 12/03 2014 - Final Pictures of Big Bro' Prodigy!
    Hiya everyone!

Here I am with the last update that I and many have been waiting for! It shoudldn't have taken this long to get it out as I've had the

pictures for a while but... Anyways, I've now decided to get it done and I hope you like it!

As the title says it's time for the final pictures of this project! The project has taken me about 11 months to complete, from start to

finish (even tho this project is slightly longer). I enjoy taking my time to ensure I do the right decisions at the same time as I like to spend

quite some time my project logs to make them satisfying - I hope it has been appriciated :)

You who have followed this project and this build log knows that I usually document quite well with text and pictures. However, since this is

the last update and with the final pictures I'll let them all speak for themselves! :) However if you have questions regarding the picutres

please do ask.

Before I present the completed project I would like to thank my sponsors for making this coming true. I would also like to thank every

person
    , and you as members on this forum as you've helped me push myself and keep on working even tho it has been hard from time to

time. Without my sponsors or you people this project would never have been completed, or even started. Thank you a thousand times! :)

[​IMG]

The time has come...

Final Pictures of Big Bro' Prodigy

| 360-view |

[​IMG]

| DreamHack Winter 2013 Exhibition |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| The outside |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| The mesh |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| The water cooling - outside. |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| The inside |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| At Night |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

| Desk |

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then this project as completed! I'm amazingly releived that is has ended at the same time as it feels quite sad. It has been a very fun time

and a great journey that has teached me tons of stuff. It has been lots of fun to modify something ths much and use all this awesome

hardware
    that I've received. I'm however very happy that I managed to get the project completed the way I planned and wanted it - both the

looks and the functions - to squeeze in an E-ATX motherboard with lot's of water cooling in a Bitfenix Prodigy - a mITX case.

I will from now on take a break from modding and projects as it takes up a lot of my spare time and I feel, and have realised, that I need to

spend on other things. I find it more fun to work on project when I'm able to do it with all of my heart. Also I want every project of mine to be unique and right now I have no ideas for any new project.

Once again, thank you all for reading, following, commenting, criticizing, inspiring and all that. I appreciate it a lot! :)

Best Regards
    A happy nikkop.​

David likes this.
  5. AlderonnX

AlderonnX Minimodder

Great final pictures ! I remember when this first started and I was wondering how it would come together. You did it!

6. soxism

soxism What's a Dremel?

Amazing Job Nikkop. Its been a pleasure following this build log. Great to see that it is Possible to Fit a MOBO of that size in such a Tiny Case!

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's an impressive achievement, Nikkop. The finished build looks great.

Super job.

8. biojellywobbles

biojellywobbles Minimodder

Had a little doubt at the beginning you were going to pull this off, been away from the project forums for a while and now come back o see this! Amazing build and proof the prodigy is way too big for it's own good.

9. Nikkop

Nikkop What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot mate! I found it pretty hard to cover every little spot in the case as it's so narrow! But I'm glad you liked it :) Thanks for your support.

Thanks a bunch soxism, I'm glad you've enjoyed this log :) Haha yeah it was pretty hard but in the end I managed :)

Thanks a lot Spreadie, I appreciate it. I'm happy over the results myself and that I finally managed to pull it off.

Thanks for your kind comment. Indeed the Prodigy is a little too big to be considered a "mITX" case, but at the same time it can hold pretty large components. Heck, it can hold an EATX, GTX 780 and 2x 240 rads a long with a 15cm reservoir! ;) Haha.

Thank you all for your kind comments once again! :)

10. Farsan

Farsan What's a Dremel?

Wow. Awesome!!! I love this mod!!!

11. aguerra2008

aguerra2008 What's a Dremel?

Mesh

Good job and all the hard work. :thumb: Was wondering if you could let me know where you got the aluminum mesh from. I'm making my own build and thats the only parts I need. Like how it looks. Thanks in advance.

12. neal7

neal7 What's a Dremel?

First of all, amazing job nikkop! simply beautiful!

1) Can anyone here tell me if i can have the exact same build as nikkop but with 2 more gpu's (with front radiator aswell)?
    So, 3-way sli with 780ti's or 980 ti reference cards.
    I have seen some builds with 3-way sli prodigy's BUT i am asking specifically here because nikkop has a radiator and fan's at the front of the system which is taking up some space so that's why i was wondering if i can add 2 more gpu's to this exact build?
    Is it possible?

2) Also, is it possible to have this water-cooling loop with the 3-way sli, but not go outside the case? Maybe if i turned the radiator upside down and made the tubing run in front of the gpu's (so towards the window)? Is there enough room between the window case and the gpu's to run a couple tubes in front of the gpu's?

3) Is there any room to add a fan controller in the drive bay (since it's much more compact vs a disk drive)? How much room is there between the motherboard and the drive bay?

Thanks!

Last edited: 25 Oct 2015
  13. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Love what you did with this case!

14. wratterus

wratterus What's a Dremel?

Awesome effort, that is very cool.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I do love those compact finely crafted mini-mods.