1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Soylent Green: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 19 Oct 2004.

1. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

the green make the skulls look better!!!so nice job :waah: => I want a airbrush home :miffed:

2. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

nice work on the airbrush man, gonna subscribe to this thread for sure! im sure once this is finished, its gonna look soo sweet :hip: keep up the work :rock:

3. Jock

Jock Banned

BUMP :idea: :thumb:

4. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

ok... where are all the updates!!! i need to see more of this project before i go into withdrawl!

5. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

nice nice -- keep em comming :)

6. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

It's been a while since i looked on this site, but for the Peak c5, it's basicly an Iwata hp-c, uses the same parts, but it's $40 less. As far as I know, it's only available at bearair.com.

7. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Sorry, but I have not had much to show you guys ( pictures of paint drying are not too exhilarating to look at). The case has had (4) coats of JetBlack applied (wet-sanded between coats). The graphics layer is next, the case-owner and myself are trying to come up with something we both like (and butting-heads a bit). That will be followed by 3-4 coats of clear (with more wet-sanding between coats)....Long....Slow....Process....Once the paint is finished things should pick-up. :thumb: just hang/in/there..

8. ebola_one

ebola_one What's a Dremel?

Surely, being that this case will be used/looked at by the case owner, and the fact that you're probably getting a little money for doing this, shouldn't the owner have 100% decision in what gets done? Or are they asking for something that's too technical?

9. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

Mod most likely wants to create something that is pleasing and fits well, and some things dont fit into that category.

10. modsquad

I am getting paid for the work on the case. But I want/must be happy with the look of the case as well as the owner. Sounds funny, I know..but that is the way I am. We are just talking about small changes in the paint scheme, nothing major..

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

At least you can do a decent paint job. I'm lucky to not screw up stencils with a pencil.

12. ebola_one

That seems fair enough.
    I too would appreciate input from someone who I'm paying to do work & knows what's good & what's not, after all, they obviously have more experience/skill than me, otherwise I wouldn't be paying someone.

When can we look forward to an update?

13. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

MS, you are a man of many talents. How long have you been painting with the airbrush? If I could paint with an airbrush there are several things I can think of that I would do to mod my V1000. :thumb:

14. jerb111

jerb111 What's a Dremel?

looking great! i have the badget 360 (raffle) and until now has been sitting in my basement, i might just use it in an up comming mod.

BTW... Subscribed!

15. modsquad

Thanks Sho, I am OK with an airbrush..Far from great. I worked auto-body for about a year in my youth. Preparation is everything, painting is the EZ part. As for the airbrush, only about 2 years on/off..

ebola_one:
    The 3-coats of jet black are finished. It needs another wet-sanding (color-sanding). Then it is finally time for the graphics layer (lime green fog & some skulls). Update soon, perhaps this weekend. :thumb:

jerb111:
    The Badger 360 is a nice brush....get to work on that project (and project log).. :dremel:

16. modsquad

Custom Paint

Finally, some progress. I started work on the side panel of the case. A last wet-sand of the black, and then a quick clean up with prepsolv.
    [​IMG]
    ready..
    [​IMG]
    The panel will get a "fog" around the window and three skulls fading into a black backround.
    Paint is a mix of lime green, pearl green and pearl white from Auto-Air Colors
    [​IMG]
    Fogging is a very old paint technique (1950's). It's pretty EZ to do (over-spray is your friend).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next, the base for the three skulls (the white line is a chalk outline to help with location).
    [​IMG]
    Ruff-in the skulls with the aid of a stencil. Then add some green high-lights.
    [​IMG]
    Finish up with more jet black, and blend the skulls into the panel..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The skulls are looking pretty good and i am happy with the color (a close match for the green UV acrylic that will go in the window.
    [​IMG]
    The fogging still needs a little more work to look more "even" then 3-coats of clear...
    [​IMG]
    Well, that's it...I need a BEER..
    The last few pictures:
    [​IMG]
    Until next time:
    [​IMG]

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

now that looks sweet!

more updates... please!

18. mrhanky

mrhanky What's a Dremel?

finally an update, and what an update, very nice

19. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

I still remember the movie , like i watched it yesterday! i recon in 20yrs i'll also still remember this mod!

Another prolike job mate! lovin every step of this one :)

20. ebola_one

yay! :thumbsup:

That's awesome!

Were/are you a painter by trade? or purely hobby?